Old 04-08-2005, 02:31 AM
Cheryl and Rob

Default Pondzyme

Just have a quick question concerning Pondzyme (PondCare). I just bought a
container of this and the measuring scoop that they should have provided me
with is not there (imagine that). Sooooo I was wondering if anyone has ever
used it and if so how much would one scoop actually measure.

What jogged my memory was that Gary had said in a previous post that he used
an enzyme powder as well to clean his pond and I was just wondering how much
a scoop really is. Sorry for the goofy question I just want to do it right
the first time and not screw it up.
Thanks for the time!!

Old 04-08-2005, 07:30 AM
Gail Futoran

"Cheryl and Rob" wrote in message
Just have a quick question concerning Pondzyme (PondCare). I just bought a
container of this and the measuring scoop that they should have provided
me with is not there (imagine that). Sooooo I was wondering if anyone has
ever used it and if so how much would one scoop actually measure.

What jogged my memory was that Gary had said in a previous post that he
used an enzyme powder as well to clean his pond and I was just wondering
how much a scoop really is. Sorry for the goofy question I just want to do
it right the first time and not screw it up.
Thanks for the time!!

It's about two tsp. (I just checked.)

Don't be offended, but are you sure the scoop's
not in there? It can settle down quite a bit. I've
had to poke around to find the scoop in my
PondZyme containers.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Old 04-08-2005, 07:36 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Just have a quick question concerning Pondzyme (PondCare). I just bought a
container of this and the measuring scoop that they should have provided me
with is not there (imagine that). Sooooo I was wondering if anyone has ever
used it and if so how much would one scoop actually measure.

Looks to be 1/4 teaspoon to me. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 04-08-2005, 07:55 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Thats what I thought to. It was hidden way on the bottom.
Priss

I have an older container, is it still 1/4 teaspoon size, or have they gone
bigger? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 04-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Gail Futoran

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Just have a quick question concerning Pondzyme (PondCare). I just bought
container of this and the measuring scoop that they should have provided
me
with is not there (imagine that). Sooooo I was wondering if anyone has
ever
used it and if so how much would one scoop actually measure.

Looks to be 1/4 teaspoon to me. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Do we have different PondZyme? Mine is PondZyme
Plus. Would that make a difference? I actually
went out into the garage, brought the container
of PondZyme+ into the kitchen, took out a tablespoon
measure, filled the PondZyme scoop, added the
contents to the tablespoon (tbl too big!), then
dumped it back into the container. Took a teaspoon
measure, refilled the PondZyme scoop, poured it
into the tsp - had to stop halfway - dumped the first
tsp into the container and added more Pondzyme.
Total - about 2 teaspoons.

Or did you mean 1/4 *table*spoon??

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Old 05-08-2005, 01:24 AM
Cheryl and Rob

I dumped the whole container into a gallon freezer bag and no scoop. I also
have the PondZyme (not PondZyme Plus). I guess I am just gonna go with 2
teaspoons.

Old 05-08-2005, 07:24 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 00:24:42 GMT, "Cheryl and Rob" wrote:

I dumped the whole container into a gallon freezer bag and no scoop. I also
have the PondZyme (not PondZyme Plus). I guess I am just gonna go with 2
teaspoons.

Went and double checked mine, which is just Pond Zyme, and I guess I didn't
remember the scoop size correctly. Mine is more like 1 teaspoon in size.
~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 05-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Hal

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 01:31:16 GMT, "Cheryl and Rob"
wrote:

Just have a quick question concerning Pondzyme (PondCare). I just bought a
container of this and the measuring scoop that they should have provided me
with is not there (imagine that). Sooooo I was wondering if anyone has ever
used it and if so how much would one scoop actually measure.

The 16 oz container I bought this year has a scoop buried in the
container. I'm sure it must have been on top, at one time, but has
traveled a lot of miles since it was packed.

The scoop filled three times with water fills a one ounce stainless
measure. I make that 2 teaspoons per scoop.

For teaspoons to ounces I use Convert. 6t=1oz
http://www.joshmadison.com/software/convert/

Regards,

Hal