Old 12-03-2003, 12:49 AM
LeilaniR

Default Hornwort Info Requested

Hello Fellow Ponder's,

For those of you who use Hornwort in your ponds, do you find it necessary to
replenish them every season?

I live in s. Florida (Zone 10) and find it necessary to replace the Hornwort
in my 7x9 pond quite frequently. Is this common with this particular plant?

Your input is greatly appreciated!

LeilaniR

Old 12-03-2003, 02:59 AM
Bill

"LeilaniR" wrote :

For those of you who use Hornwort in your ponds, do you find it necessary

replenish them every season?

I live in s. Florida (Zone 10) and find it necessary to replace the

Hornwort
in my 7x9 pond quite frequently. Is this common with this particular

plant?

I have to haul it out by the handful and throw it away. Maybe there's a
water or light problem?

---

Old 12-03-2003, 04:02 AM
Hal

I'm in Georgia Zone 8 and lost mine, over the winter. String algae
coated it and I suppose that was a factor, but I really don't know why
it died. Parrot feather and anacharis grew well in spite of the
string algae. I don't plan on replacing mine, I'll just move on to
another plant until I get one that winters well.

Regards,

Hal

Old 13-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Andrew Burgess

For those of you who use Hornwort in your ponds, do you find it necessary to
replenish them every season?

I live in s. Florida (Zone 10) and find it necessary to replace the Hornwort
in my 7x9 pond quite frequently.

Frequenty as in during the season? If so the fish may be eating it. I have
koi in a fishtank (growing for pond transplant this spring) and they chew
the hornwort when hungry.

Old 14-03-2003, 12:20 AM
Jerrispond

am also in Ga and can not grow horn wort....yet anacharis grows great....I
think maybe hornwort does better in a cooler climate.....Jerri