Old 27-08-2005, 07:46 PM

Default salt or not?

I am thinking of adding the pond salt to my 2 barrel setup.

Is it added expense and more maintenance for a couple of goldfish and a
few mosquito fish?

I would think when you do water change just salt the added volume
before hand, but reading from the messages say not to do that as salt
might accumulate, so how often do I add salt and test?

Old 27-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Reel Mckoi

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am thinking of adding the pond salt to my 2 barrel setup.

Is it added expense and more maintenance for a couple of goldfish and a
few mosquito fish?

I would think when you do water change just salt the added volume
before hand, but reading from the messages say not to do that as salt
might accumulate, so how often do I add salt and test?

====================
I don't use salt in my ponds since I started using Koi-Zyme or Lymno-Zyme.
Plants don't like salt and I have a lot of plants.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Red and white cedar (was Tamarisk: origin of "salt cedar"), but not yet yellow ced P van Rijckevorsel Plant Science 0 28-06-2003 05:58 PM
Tamarisk: origin of "salt cedar" Mike Lyle Plant Science 37 28-06-2003 12:21 PM
Rock Salt vs Pond Salt itten Ponds 1 18-05-2003 01:20 PM
adding salt Carola / Les Ponds 8 08-02-2003 11:54 PM
What is "Coarse Salt" used for? Ablang Gardening 3 29-01-2003 04:33 AM