Old 05-09-2005, 02:27 AM
Dan

Bindi wrote:

I live in South Australia in a rural area.

South Australia is beautiful! What region of SA are you in?
Near Adelaide or further north / west?

Old 05-09-2005, 04:10 AM
Bindi

George wrote:
"Bindi" wrote in message
George wrote:
"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in
message news We have used the kind of toilet valve that has the float right on
it. It does not have the torque of the float valve arm. So far,
ours has lasted for about 7 years.

Jim

Right. That was really the kind I was thinking about. It has a
specific name, But I can't think what it is.

Water cistern ballcock

Bindi.
I'm new and really just lurking to improve my knowledge right now
but hello everyone!

? I'd have to see a picture of that one.

Hi, George!
Google Images has lots of website hits on them.
Try here.
http://images.google.com.au/images?q...r=&sa=N&tab=wi

Bindi.

Old 05-09-2005, 04:13 AM
Bindi

Reel Mckoi wrote:
"Bindi" wrote in message
Bindi.
I'm new and really just lurking to improve my knowledge right now
but hello everyone!

===========================
Hi! Welcome to our NG. :-)

Hi, Reel Mckoi!
Thank you for the welcome!

Bindi.

Old 05-09-2005, 04:18 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Ours looks like the fluidmaster on the page below.

http://images.google.com.au/images?q...&start=20&sa=N

Jim

Old 05-09-2005, 04:39 AM
Bindi

kathy wrote:
Hi Bindi,

Welcome to rec.ponds!

I have a pond just for frogs and insect larvae
called the Frog Bog. I adopted some frogs'
eggs from my friends pond in the spring,
they hatched and now live in my yard and
come back in the spring.

I use a mosquito product to keep mosquitoes
out there but like all the dragon and damselflies
that lay their eggs in there.

kathy :-) www.blogfromthebog.com
this week's entry - blackfly
Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~

Hi, Kathy!
Thank you for the welcome!

Cool name for your pond!
I have named my little one Frog Palace. :-) It is planted with reeds and good hiding
places of rocks and small logs.
But the big pond area is like a dinotopia! I have put large logs and rocks as a backdrop
for it and then planted ferns and palms through the whole thing. It has bog plants and
reedy smaller plants around the ponds front edge and the mound of dirt I dug out for the
pond heaped up on one side and planted with ferns and placed some rocks on it as well. I
cut some plastic storm pipe into small lengths and pushed them through the base of the
dirt heap to make tunnels for the lizards here and then made cave entrances around them
with rocks. I then topped of the whole lot with a wood chip mulch and put in a heap of big
plastic dinosaurs I got from a cheap shop. It looks great! It is an exciting thing to do
and it feels great when it is finished and you know that it is there because you built it.

Bindi.

Old 05-09-2005, 04:50 AM
Bindi

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
Welcome to rec.ponds! Bindi!

Another frog ponder here. I'm at the age now I'm thinking I like the
natural pets over the dependent ones. Here that would be the
treefrogs, squirrels and all the birds. With a few exceptions,
herons, raccoons & skunks.... but even those don't wet on my carpet
or yak on the rugs. ;-)

Course neither do the koi... but they do require a little more care. I
guess I have to something that needs me, besides the human folk around
here. Again, Welcome. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Hi, Jan!
Thank you for the welcome!
I have always liked frogs and lizards but I like it when they can come and go if they want
to.
It is too dry here for treefrogs but we do get a couple of different kinds of native frogs
and lots of different lizards. I have a cat called Monty and he can't come and go because
of the birds and lizards around the place but he has inside and a whole enclosed veranda
to run around in with runways up high and ramps and two cat doors to inside for him to
use. I also have two rabbits now that I got last week. They are in a big yard in the back
that was my wombat yard. We are not alowed to have koi here in South Australia because
they are declared a noxious species but we can have goldfish and minnows. We also have to
have permits to keep frogs and lizards and most of the native birds and animals. It's a
good thing because it stops people from taking them from the wild.

Nice to meet you!
Bindi.

Old 05-09-2005, 04:53 AM
Bindi

Dan wrote:
Bindi wrote:

I live in South Australia in a rural area.

South Australia is beautiful! What region of SA are you in?
Near Adelaide or further north / west?

Hi, Dan!
It is a great place to live!
I am in the mid north near Virginia/ Two Wells. Sorta near Adelaide.
I am originally from the far north/ the bush. My dad was a rabbit trapper and shooter.

Nice to meet you!

Bindi.

Old 05-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Reel Mckoi

Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote:
Hi Bindi,

Welcome to rec.pponds. Have you a pond? Most of us began by lurking
and then took the risk of posting. After a while, a form of friendship
grows. You are welcome here.

Only if she is an atheist and hates Jehovahs witnesses.

The moderator
Atheist McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o
Old 05-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Bindi

Reel Mckoi wrote:
Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote:
Hi Bindi,

Welcome to rec.pponds. Have you a pond? Most of us began by lurking
and then took the risk of posting. After a while, a form of
friendship grows. You are welcome here.

Only if she is an atheist and hates Jehovahs witnesses.

The moderator
Atheist McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

I like ponds. That should be enough. :-)

Bindi.

Old 05-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Bindi" wrote in message
Reel Mckoi wrote:
Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote:
Hi Bindi,

Welcome to rec.pponds. Have you a pond? Most of us began by lurking
and then took the risk of posting. After a while, a form of
friendship grows. You are welcome here.

Only if she is an atheist and hates Jehovahs witnesses.

The moderator
Atheist McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

I like ponds. That should be enough. :-)

Bindi.

============================
Bindi, be careful as to who you reply to, as Zod or Jabriol posts using my
name (and other women's names and sock-puppets).

Old 05-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Gareee©

"Bindi" wrote in message

I like ponds. That should be enough. :-)

The NG has been under siege for quite some time. Just "block sender" when
you see these abusive replies to posts.

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 05-09-2005, 04:25 PM
ReelMcKoi

Just put Reel Mckoi in your killfile. Nobody in the NG replies to her.
She very rude and jumps into conversation not her own. She nice until
you cross her, then she will try to bite your head off, as she has done
with other regulars.

Old 05-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Zod

Bindi wrote:
Gareee=A9 wrote:
"Bindi" wrote in message

I like ponds. That should be enough. :-)

The NG has been under siege for quite some time. Just "block sender"
when you see these abusive replies to posts.

=20
Thanks.
=20
Bindi.

tsk tsk carol gonna get killfiled again....

30-Litre OPEN-TOP (with SCREW-ON lid) Plastic Barrels - many available Barrelman Marketplace 0 24-08-2008 03:32 AM
Meridian Auto Top off! Hey Jan............. ~Roy Ponds 1 27-09-2005 02:48 AM
Black&Decker Auto Feed System lawn trimmers... do you have to? kevins_news2 Lawns 3 27-04-2004 04:09 PM
pond on auto pilot Snooze Ponds 10 21-04-2003 10:32 PM
Auto vents? Jan Edible Gardening 2 27-03-2003 01:56 AM