Old 03-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Default salt

How much salt do you add at one time to a pond?
And it is okay to use Morton water softerner salt?
Thanks,
Priss

Old 04-09-2005, 12:28 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

How much salt do you add at one time to a pond?
And it is okay to use Morton water softerner salt?
Thanks,
Priss

Morton in the blue bag. It is okay to add 13.3 ounces/100 gallons for a
0.1% solution per day. Do not add it to a skimmer that is feeding right
into your filter. Now if you are just adding salt to de-stress fish, you
can break that up in 3rds. If you have sick fish and want to go to the
medicable level of 0.3% it is safe to add as mentioned at first. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 04-09-2005, 01:14 AM
Priscilla McCullough

Naa I was just go put salt in it. I don't have salt and everyone is saying I
need salt for Koi.
Yes Morton Blue bag is what I got.
Thanks,
Priss

Old 04-09-2005, 07:07 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Naa I was just go put salt in it. I don't have salt and everyone is saying I
need salt for Koi.
Yes Morton Blue bag is what I got.
Thanks,
Priss

I don't know who everyone is, but unless you're having a problem there is
no need to be messing with salt. Have it on hand yes, don't add unless
necessary. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 04-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Roy

Who .......is "Everyone" I think everyone needs to get
a grasp as there simply is no need to add salt if its not used for
medication for some things, other than thayt if you feel you must add
something to your pond, try some water, or something along those
lines. Salt definately is not a requirement of koi.......

===Naa I was just go put salt in it. I don't have salt and everyone is saying I
===need salt for Koi.
===Yes Morton Blue bag is what I got.
===Thanks,
===Priss
===

"The original frugal ponder"

Tamarisk: origin of "salt cedar" Mike Lyle Plant Science 37 28-06-2003 12:21 PM
Rock Salt vs Pond Salt itten Ponds 1 18-05-2003 01:20 PM
EPSOM Salt cause algae explosion? alex crouvier Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:09 AM
adding salt Carola / Les Ponds 8 08-02-2003 11:54 PM
What is "Coarse Salt" used for? Ablang Gardening 3 29-01-2003 04:33 AM