Old 26-11-2005, 10:25 PM posted to rec.ponds
poconorobin

Default Savio Kit #2

I'm building my first pond next spring---10X12' for goldfish, no Koi (sorry
to keep repeating this, but I assume it's important).

I spent 4 hours today surfing the Internet and comparing kits, vendors, and
prices. Savio seems to be a popular brand name. I'm thinking of purchasing
the Savio Kit #2 from AZPonds at
http://www.azponds.com/NEW%20Pond%20kits.htm . It has a 20X20 liner, a
Power Jet 7000 pump (2142gph/129W/1.25" outlet), a Savio 8.5" biofilter, and
a Savio 22" waterfall filter. I will probably also purchase the Savio
optional mid-water intake kit so I can also run a hose to the bottom to
hopefully pull some of that water into the filter.

Any comments or suggestion on any of this?

Robin
The Poconos

Old 27-11-2005, 12:04 AM posted to rec.ponds
Dan

poconorobin wrote:
I'm building my first pond next spring---10X12' for goldfish, no Koi (sorry
to keep repeating this, but I assume it's important).

I spent 4 hours today surfing the Internet and comparing kits, vendors, and
prices. Savio seems to be a popular brand name. I'm thinking of purchasing
the Savio Kit #2 from AZPonds at
http://www.azponds.com/NEW%20Pond%20kits.htm . It has a 20X20 liner, a
Power Jet 7000 pump (2142gph/129W/1.25" outlet), a Savio 8.5" biofilter, and
a Savio 22" waterfall filter. I will probably also purchase the Savio
optional mid-water intake kit so I can also run a hose to the bottom to
hopefully pull some of that water into the filter.

Any comments or suggestion on any of this?

Robin
The Poconos

Looks like a nice kit and great price, although I don't know much about
the Laguna pumps. I purchased a similar kit from 123ponds this summer
and had them substitute a Tsurumi pump for the Cal pump (bought the
DIY kit which is sans liner since I had a 20x20 liner I'd recently
purchased from someone at work). BTW, the kit doesn't include
underlayment so be sure to order some, especially since you live in
a very rocky area!

Savio Skimmerfilter Nedra Ponds 5 09-09-2004 07:13 PM
Savio Skimmer and Bottom Drain Mickey Ponds 1 29-05-2004 02:08 AM
Need Practical Info on Savio Skimmer Nedra Ponds 8 29-03-2004 07:04 AM
Need Practical Info on Savio Skimmer Nedra Ponds 0 12-03-2004 01:37 AM
Need Practical Info on Savio Skimmer Nedra Ponds 0 12-03-2004 01:34 AM