Old 25-01-2006, 12:17 AM posted to rec.ponds
Rick Yerke

Default Has Anybody Tried JEBO UV Sterilizers in their Ponds ?

I see alot of these JEBO UV Sterilizers for sale on Ebay at cheap prices.My
question is has anybody tried them in their ponds and how do they hold up?I
was looking at a JEBO 36 Watt one for about $65 plus $20 shipping. Thanks
Rick
Old 25-01-2006, 01:28 AM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Well a alot of pretty bad posts have been made in various web forums
in regards to the china crap peddled / made by JEBO..They can;t make a
pair of light bulbs that match, lights are notorious for having
ballasts erupt into flame, pumps that lock up after a few hours of use
or fail to run at all, protein skimmers that have to be fiddled with
24 hours a day and still produce minimal skim, and a whole host of
other problems..You get what you pay for. I know of a poster that
bought 2 light sets, and out of both of them none worked for more than
an hours time until ballasts started to melt and turn to liquid
tar......They are cheap for one reason, becasue JEBO on thewhole is
acheap of junk that could probably be manufactuered and still have a
slight resemblence of the item discription. I would save many
headaches and wasted return postage and hassles and save some more
money and get a decent unit. Oh you may lluck up and get one that may
work for a bit, but the odds are against you getting anything that
works well or last long.

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....
Old 25-01-2006, 02:04 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

"Rick Yerke" wrote in message
I see alot of these JEBO UV Sterilizers for sale on Ebay at cheap prices.My
question is has anybody tried them in their ponds and how do they hold
up?I
was looking at a JEBO 36 Watt one for about $65 plus $20 shipping. Thanks
Rick

======================
That sounds to good to believe. I would be leery that either they're "junk"
or the bulbs are worn out and need replacement. Those lights that go inside
these units are very expensive. I have two tetra UVs that work great, but
they're about twice that price. I haven't used them these past 3 years
because I haven't needed them.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952

Old 25-01-2006, 03:23 AM posted to rec.ponds
c-bee1

"Rick Yerke" wrote in message
Thanks for the info.I will save my money and buy a good quality UV

sterilizer.
Rick

You may want to look at a few of "Roy"s other posts first.

In article ,

Old 25-01-2006, 03:51 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

Default Has Anybody Tried JEBO UV Sterilizers in their Ponds ? - Carrol troll inpersonates Koi-lo again.

"Koi-lo" wrote in message
That sounds to good to believe. I would be leery that either they're
"junk" or the bulbs are worn out and need replacement. Those lights that
go inside these units are very expensive. I have two tetra UVs that work
great, but they're about twice that price. I haven't used them these past
3 years because I haven't needed them.

Impersonating my Id is not cool, proof below.

From: "Koi-lo"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:04:14 -0600

Old 25-01-2006, 04:57 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

Default Has Anybody - SNOOZE IMPERSONATES Koi-lo = X-Complaints-To: [email protected]

Impersonation:

From: "Koi-lo" SNOOZE
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Subject: Has Anybody Tried JEBO UV Sterilizers in their Ponds ? - Carrol