Old 26-03-2003, 11:44 PM
Dan

Default Water Hyacinth

Any suggestions for the best on-line site for water hyacinth? Dan.

Old 26-03-2003, 11:44 PM
LRobi31070

Where do you live?
Old 26-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Dan

Sterling Heights, MI (north of Detroit)

"LRobi31070" wrote in message
Where do you live?

Old 27-03-2003, 02:32 AM
KenCo

Dan wrote:

Any suggestions for the best on-line site for water hyacinth? Dan.

try to find it locally as its illegal to ship
across state lines

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced.
Old 27-03-2003, 04:20 AM
LRobi31070

Yes, they are illegal. In a way i understand because they spread like
wildfire, but then in another way, i dont really understand- they are a plant.

Old 27-03-2003, 04:32 AM
KenCo

LRobi31070 wrote:

Yes, they are illegal. In a way i understand because they spread like
wildfire, but then in another way, i dont really understand- they are a plant.

FWIW
Florida spends approx. $10 million+ a yr to destroy it
to keep the waterways clear.

other invasive water plants are choking out natives
across the country and causing dead lakes/ponds.

good info here
http://aquat1.ifas.ufl.edu/

Old 27-03-2003, 06:32 AM
Just Me \Koi\

I need to send my water hyacinth eating Dogs to Florida then. Amazing how
many of those things my Boxer puppy destroys in a day!

--
_______________________________________
"Architecture is the ultimate erotic 'object'."

Old 27-03-2003, 04:20 PM
REBEL JOE

We get ours online at E-bay its cheaper and we haven't had a problem
with it.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 27-03-2003, 05:08 PM
Just Me \Koi\

What do you pay for each hyacinth from ebay?

--
_______________________________________

Old 27-03-2003, 05:08 PM
Lee Brouillet

Yes indeedy: I went ditch diving 2 weeks ago when I spotted some in a ditch
by the airport. Took my hubby with me (to look like we had car problems)
while I hopped the guardrail, slid down the embankment, and grabbed a couple
of handfulls in a trash bag! I kept hoping no one would call us in for a)
possible terrorism; or b) harvesting illegal plants (and you can't even
*smoke* 'em G!!!). I cleaned them up with PP and will rotate them in the
pond: the koi eat them like candy!! Now, if I can just find some water
lettuce . . .

Lee

Old 27-03-2003, 09:08 PM
joe

KenCo wrote:

Any suggestions for the best on-line site for water hyacinth? Dan.

try to find it locally as its illegal to ship
across state lines

Besides, just buy one. You'll have a million in a couple of months.

Joe

Old 27-03-2003, 09:08 PM
joe

REBEL JOE wrote:

We get ours online at E-bay its cheaper and we haven't had a problem
with it.

E-bay? You can by hyacinth at e-bay? Wow.

Joe

Old 27-03-2003, 09:44 PM
~ jan

In Washington St. we have a local guy that orders them from:
http://www.vjspondservice.com ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 28-03-2003, 01:56 AM
heiken3

have also considered the e-bay route this year, we have seen them for 10 for
$10.00 plus shipping, which is not a bad price when we have to pay 3-4 per
plant at garden shops here in iowa.

Old 28-03-2003, 04:08 AM
Bill

"heiken3" wrote in message
have also considered the e-bay route this year, we have seen them for 10

for
$10.00 plus shipping, which is not a bad price when we have to pay 3-4 per
plant at garden shops here in iowa.

Man! ...and I've been using them for compost!

---