Old 21-04-2006, 09:16 PM posted to rec.ponds
Joan

Default Plant shelves

[snip]

Is cedar or other regular wood okay, or
might these contain substances that would be toxic to the fish?

Do you have a Big Lots store near you??

No way. Never even heard of it. I live out in the boonies.

I found wire hangers at mine that
are rounded at the hook part. They fit over the rim of the 300 gallon and
all Rubbermaid tanks perfect, giving you a shelf you can run all around the
tank with plants, only using about 6 inches of top water, and the fish love
to hide under them.

Oh! That sounds perfect. That's exactly what we have--the 300 gallon
Rubbermaid tank.

Keeps the tank free for fish to swim under them and have use of the whole
pond , and gives you flowers to look at like a garden. Almost no work! Kathy
in AZ

Oh that's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! I'll try to
find them. Do you know what they're called? What are they made of?
Do they get rusty?

Joan
Old 22-04-2006, 04:42 PM posted to rec.ponds
Kathy

Hangers are covered in the sprayon type rubber. I have bought them 3 years
in a row and the oldest ones are still doing fine, the kidney shape plant
baskets fit in one perfect, or you can put two regular nursery size ones in
them The fish love the safe feeling of being able to hide under them. I
love the look of plants all around the edge of the pond.
Kathy in AZ
"Joan" wrote in message
[...]

Is It Wise to Mortar Pebbles onto Shelves? Davy Ponds 1 10-09-2006 09:56 PM
Pond Shelves - Recommendations Please? Davy Ponds 12 02-08-2006 01:07 PM
Pond Shelves - 2nd Question Davy Ponds 5 31-07-2006 06:09 PM
Pond Shelves - Recommendations Please? Wëndãlen Gardening 0 30-07-2006 04:18 AM
shelves Larry Orchids 2 21-11-2004 02:43 PM