Old 19-04-2006, 04:38 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Two Koi-Lo's on rec.ponds

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:40:30 GMT, "Kelly" wrote:

o.k. then, what if I come here and say ponds suck and only assholes have
ponds.
Would that be a prelude to a discussion or an inflammatory remark?
same difference

Saying nasty things about another's hobby is quite different that saying
same about one's religion, apparently. Gosh knows not one of us here would
ever net stalk an anti-ponder person.

Be that as it may, there are quite a few of us here on RP that wish Carol
would stop posting to religious sites.... BUT.... there are even more of
us, who wish the people that get irked from those groups would kill filter
her in that group, once irked. Have you ever tried ignoring her there?

No one here has the power to stop her going there, no one here has control
over her, (nor would they wish to have that responsibility). Why do you
think we do???

I think the saying that fits here is: Thou doest protest too much!
Me thinks your group has a BIG problem if it can't countered some criticism
with humor.

Now then, ponds don't suck, but pond pumps do, and yes, everyone who has a
pond has an asshole, of that I'm quite sure! ) ~ jan

-----------------
Old 19-04-2006, 02:02 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

Altum wrote:

Kelly wrote:
"Gill Passman" wrote in message ?
Surely if someone comes onto your
newsgroup to offer a different opinion it is for you and the other
members to debate this - not take offence

o.k. then, what if I come here and say ponds suck and only assholes have
ponds.
Would that be a prelude to a discussion or an inflammatory remark?
same difference

Definitely inflammatory - but I wouldn't go to google to find what other
groups you posted on so that I could attack you on those.

If you kept shifting your name and email so that we couldn't killfile
you, we would check your headers, contact your ISP en masse, and get
your account pulled. Reputable ISPs still block Usenet to abusive
users.

yeah, but Kelly's at Earthlink, which I already have ample evidence ignores
any reports to . If you use earthlink, you're welcome
to use any kind of abuse, including the foulest language you can imagine.

Is this starting to sound familiar? Who here has to post
through Google Groups?

There seem to be many people who do, now. Many ISPs no longer provide news
servers (like mine - and, I believe, Carol's). So your choice is to find a
paid service (which I use), a usually less-than-reliable free news server,
or google.
--
derek
Old 21-04-2006, 12:50 AM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:38:29 -0700, ~ janj
wrote:
snip
Now then, ponds don't suck, but pond pumps do, and yes, everyone who has a
pond has an asshole, of that I'm quite sure! ) ~ jan

snip

Dam Jan, don't stoop to Koi lo's level..................FWIW some
folks have more than one, just like Carol and Derek does. Reason being
is foloks as dumb and stupid as thouse are and so full of shit could
not possibly get by in life with just one asshole, they have to have a
few of them to unload all that crap from.
--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....
Old 21-04-2006, 02:04 AM posted to rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Koi-Lo

Slap down!!

Kelly wrote:
"Koi-Lo" wrote in message
Check your headers.

Why should I, or anyone else, have to waste time checking headers because
you insist on acting like an asshole by going around Usenet ****ing people
off and shitting on their beliefs.

Old 21-04-2006, 02:06 AM posted to rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,alt.atheism,alt.aquaria
Koi-Lo

Default Crusades by atheists? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

Altum wrote:

As for ****ing people off, there is no way to discuss religion and not
**** someone off somewhere. Remember a little disagreement over
religion called the Crusades?

--
Put the word aquaria in the subject to reply.
Did you read the FAQ? http://faq.thekrib.com

Old 21-04-2006, 02:09 AM posted to rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn,news.groups

You got a problem with Carol?

Kelly wrote:
"Altum" wrote in message

As for ****ing people off, there is no way to discuss religion and not
**** someone off somewhere.

Going into a religion NG and telling people there is no God and their
religion is bullshit is not a discussion, it is rude, insulting and
inflammatory.

When you go around being rude, insulting and inflammatory to people, for any
reason, (and she has behaved this way all over Usenet)don't cry innocence
like Koi-lo does. She is DIRECTLY responsible for the baggage she drags from
NG to NG.

Old 21-04-2006, 02:10 AM posted to rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn,news.groups

Gill Passman wrote:
Kelly wrote:
"Altum" wrote in message

As for ****ing people off, there is no way to discuss religion and not
**** someone off somewhere.

Going into a religion NG and telling people there is no God and their
religion is bullshit is not a discussion, it is rude, insulting and
inflammatory.

When you go around being rude, insulting and inflammatory to people, for any
reason, (and she has behaved this way all over Usenet)don't cry innocence
like Koi-lo does. She is DIRECTLY responsible for the baggage she drags from
NG to NG.

I always try to abide by the "never discuss politics or religion" with
friends.....however, IMHO the whole point of newsgroups is to discuss
these things - especially when it comes down to groups specifically set
up for the discussion of religion and politics (and yes even in ponds
our opinions will vary and we will flame one another)...it would be a
very tame and boring newsgroup if one of you posted something and twenty
others posted "I agree". It isn't insulting, rude or inflammatory - it
is called debate...remember that? Surely if someone comes onto your
newsgroup to offer a different opinion it is for you and the other
members to debate this - not take offence....you never know you might
even get a convert by good, reasoned discussion....

The bottom line, is whatever Koi-Lo does with respect to discussing her
beliefs it does not belong, nor should it be dragged over to a pond
newsgroup....it is not baggage....it is strongly held beliefs being
opposed by others holding equally strong beliefs...so what? Isn't that,
as I said before, what your newsgroups are about....debate....and the
dragging over to other newsgroups applies to others....you all make good
points on the groups where you belong - one thing for sure, is you don't
belong on rec.ponds.

As for the crusades...what about the religious wars we have right
now???? No don't answer that...this is a pond group - Got any fish
Kelly, Jabbers etc???? I know Roy and Carol do - and therefore when
posting on topic are most welcome members....

Gill

Old 21-04-2006, 02:15 AM posted to rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn,news.groups

Altum wrote:

If you kept shifting your name and email so that we couldn't killfile
you, we would check your headers, contact your ISP en masse, and get
your account pulled. Reputable ISPs still block Usenet to abusive
users. Back in the old Usenet days, we would have crashed your mail
server too, just to be sure your account got pulled.

Doesnt happen, Carol been using free NSP.

After that happened, you might get a clue that you had done something
wrong. However, if you were really crazy, you would go to Google groups
or to anonymous remailers and start posting under a bunch of different
names... Is this starting to sound familiar? Who here has to post
through Google Groups?

Old 21-04-2006, 02:18 AM posted to rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn,news.groups

Mister Gardener wrote:
On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:40:30 GMT, "Kelly" wrote:

"Gill Passman" wrote in message ? Surely
if someone comes onto your
newsgroup to offer a different opinion it is for you and the other members
to debate this - not take offence

o.k. then, what if I come here and say ponds suck and only assholes have
ponds.
Would that be a prelude to a discussion or an inflammatory remark?
same difference

Well, if you made that posting here, it could be the seed for a
discussion, as some of us might be curious why you have such strong
feelings about ponds, ponders, and assholes. Perhaps you lost a
favorite goldfish when you were a child, or perhaps the mean old man
next door wouldn't let you play by his pond, or perhaps you dated an
asshole. All good reasons for not liking ponds, ponders and assholes.
(Yes, I also think it's fun typing asshole in a public forum. I got to
type it 4 times here.) If you present convincing arguments, in a calm
and respectful manner, you might just convert a ponder to your way of
thinking.

-- Mister Gardener