Old 08-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Superkitt

Default Small Ponds - 200 -300gal

I would like to see some examples of small 200-300 gal ponds, has anyone
made any? I need some ideas, I see all these large ponds, I want to see
some examples of small ponds with water features.

Joel
Old 09-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Lisa Tetzlaff

Here you go. My pond is about 200 gallons. Good size for me.
http://community.webshots.com/user/rylaff

.104...

Old 09-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Gail Futoran

"Superkitt" wrote in
message
.104...
I would like to see some examples of small 200-300 gal

ponds, has anyone
made any? I need some ideas, I see all these large ponds,

I want to see
some examples of small ponds with water features.

Joel

Do you need photos, or just a description?
I put in a small - 200 gal at a guess - pond late
last year. It's circular in shape, has a sloping area
for critters to get into/out of the pond (I really
wanted it for frogs and toads rather than for
fish), is about 2' deep but that measurment includes
a raised lip formed by two layers of house bricks.
(The liner is folded up over the bricks so no
water can wash into the pond from the yard.)

I used flexible liner, 30 mil (IIRC) and got
some horrendous folds but don't really
care since you can't see them. I have one hardy
water lily, one yellow water fringe, a couple of small
grasses on a 6" wide x about 2' long ledge I formed at
one end of the pond for marginal plants.

I tossed in a bunch of rosey red minnows for
mosquito control (but I enjoy feeding them,
too), and 6 Japanese trapdoor snails
recently added.

No filters, I'm hoping to keep the pond healthy
through various additives, occasional partial
water changes. My husband stuck a couple
trellises on frames in the ground to provide
some shade from the horrendous afternoon sun
we get around here.

When my above ground 110 lb (stock tank)
goldfish pond froze over several times this
winter, the in-ground pond showed no ice, not
even at the shallow end. Our soil around here is
heavy clay and I assume it holds heat fairly well,
and also might keep the water from getting too
hot.

Hope that helps.

Gail
San Antonio TX

Old 09-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Mistatee

"Superkitt" wrote in message
.104...
I would like to see some examples of small 200-300 gal ponds, has anyone
made any? I need some ideas, I see all these large ponds, I want to see
some examples of small ponds with water features.

Joel

Here is my 200 gallon (ish) pond here in the UK
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve.thomas4/MyPond.html

Steve

---

Old 09-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Russ and Cathy

Lisa your pond looks very inviting......very peaceful...... just lovely. I
like the small round rocks around it. It gives it a very nice effect.

Cathy

"Lisa Tetzlaff" wrote in message
Here you go. My pond is about 200 gallons. Good size for me.
http://community.webshots.com/user/rylaff

.104...

Old 09-04-2003, 11:56 PM
P Dover

Here is some pictures of our pond 220 gallons , the upper pond is a small
frog pond
http://fp.kwic.com/~rtisdale/pond.htm
"Lisa Tetzlaff" wrote in message
Here you go. My pond is about 200 gallons. Good size for me.
http://community.webshots.com/user/rylaff

.104...

Old 10-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Bonnie Espenshade

Lisa Tetzlaff wrote:
Here you go. My pond is about 200 gallons. Good size for me.
http://community.webshots.com/user/rylaff

Hi Lisa,
I think your pond is lovely. The rocks are great.
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 10-04-2003, 12:44 AM
K30a

Very pretty.
All the small ponds posted look loverly.

k30a
Old 10-04-2003, 04:08 AM
Nedra

I love your pond, Steve. Know you enjoy relaxing beside it.
Thanks too for the informational write-up!

Nedra in Missouri

"Mistatee" wrote in message

.104...

Old 10-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Gail Futoran

Our small pond was put in last fall. Is it too soon
to think about expanding it, maybe adding a
waterfall?

::sigh:: The evil thing about pictures is the
monitor gets all drooly.

Gail

Old 10-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Heck no! It's not too soon. Actually you are behind schedule! Most of us
start the planning and construction of our next phase while doing the
current phase.
So get cracking! get to work.

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 10-04-2003, 04:08 PM
John Rutz

Gail Futoran wrote:
Our small pond was put in last fall. Is it too soon
to think about expanding it, maybe adding a
waterfall?

::sigh:: The evil thing about pictures is the
monitor gets all drooly.

Gail

nope but thats the big problem with oonds;-) the y are never quite big
enough :-)

--

John Rutz

the green is grassing the leaves are treeing
I'm happy

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 13-04-2003, 03:44 AM
Gail Futoran

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
Heck no! It's not too soon. Actually you are behind

schedule! Most of us
start the planning and construction of our next phase

while doing the
current phase.
So get cracking! get to work.

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. I
suspect a larger pond isn't in the cards right
now, but you never know. Meanwhile I'll
just keep reading, viewing (photos) and
::drooling::.

Gail

Oase Biosys Skimer IP-200 Chris Ponds 0 10-05-2003 03:44 PM
L-200 Pleco ravaging my swords Robert Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 20-04-2003 06:25 AM
L-200 Pleco ravaging my swords Robert Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 29-03-2003 09:44 AM
L-200 Pleco ravaging my swords Robert Flory Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 26-03-2003 11:56 PM
From 2000 to 200 squaremeters Vera Gade United Kingdom 6 11-12-2002 07:25 PM