Old 25-06-2006, 10:48 PM posted to rec.ponds
Lisa

Default pearlscale goldfish questions and help request

Hello All! This is my first time here!
As a retirement project my husband and I will be building an indoor
pond in the kitchen which should be 10' x 6' x 2' to house oxygenating
plants, ryukins, orandas, fantails and pearlscale goldfish. In the pet
stores where I live the quality of most of the goldfish is "barely" ok.
But the pearlscales (my favorites!!!) are not even up to that!
Short of importing directly are there ANY breeders here in the USA that
are producing quality pearlscales? ANYBODY??? I have found a whole
four places that carry pearlscale goldfish regularly where I can drive
a few hours to examine them prior to choosing rather than sight unseen
over the web. I am considering it lucky when I find mostly undamaged
ones which of course only have one anal tail or only "some" flat scales
instead of completely pearled.
Is anyone specialty breeding for pearlscales with the longer finnage?
(and is this called Phoenix tailed, veiltail or broadtail for
pearlscales?) These are my absolute favorite!!!!!
Are there websites where goldfish potential buyers go to "split" an
order if necessary to order from China? I know I would not have the
facilities required for a full order. How could I get a translator to
make it clear they are strictly for personal enjoyment not competition?
Any help is greatly appreciated!! Really!!! Thanks!! Lisa in NJ
(I just am not interested in the quality levels of pearlscale goldfish
seen nearby in NJ and PA except for 4 extraordinary stores all of which
are 2-2 1/2 hours away from where I live and NONE of them have the
pearlscales with the longer fins as seen while drooling at Chinese
websites!!!) I hope this doesn't seem inflammatory, it is so
frustrating and sad to not have access to the quality level I want at
home!!!

Old 25-06-2006, 10:59 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"Lisa" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello All! This is my first time here!
As a retirement project my husband and I will be building an indoor
pond in the kitchen which should be 10' x 6' x 2' to house oxygenating
plants, ryukins, orandas, fantails and pearlscale goldfish.

You musy have a huge kitchen. ;-)

In the pet
stores where I live the quality of most of the goldfish is "barely" ok.
But the pearlscales (my favorites!!!) are not even up to that!
Short of importing directly are there ANY breeders here in the USA that
are producing quality pearlscales? ANYBODY??? I have found a whole
four places that carry pearlscale goldfish regularly where I can drive
a few hours to examine them prior to choosing rather than sight unseen
over the web. I am considering it lucky when I find mostly undamaged
ones which of course only have one anal tail or only "some" flat scales
instead of completely pearled.

If you want a near-perfect fish you will pay quite a hefty sum for it.

Is anyone specialty breeding for pearlscales with the longer finnage?
(and is this called Phoenix tailed, veiltail or broadtail for
pearlscales?) These are my absolute favorite!!!!!

You can check out www.goldfishconnection.com. I've seen some real beauties
there. I believe it's in PA. He's an importer. If he doesn't have on hand
what you want I'm sure he can get them for you.

--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 25-06-2006, 11:17 PM posted to rec.ponds
Cuttysark

yea yea yea, CArol Gulley aka Koi lo would not know a dam good gold
fishif it bit her on her backside. She rasies nothign but mullets in
her kiddie pools and thinks they are world class champions....when in
all reality Wal Mart has better looking fish than what she has. She is
not a judge of quality by any means if yu know whayt quality she is in
herself.

She has not a lcue about this dude in PA, and it was snatche doff
anothe ropst in a web based forum where somone had asked basically
where to get pearlscalesin Pennsylvania........Carol aka Koi lo is a
copy paste expert, and in no waty has any experiience with fish other
than wal mart crap and kiddie ponds. The pnds she says are hers are
actually her neighbors.....Hers is a kiddie pool that cost $3.90 at
Wal mart and doubles as a dog pool........

If yu want the low down on where to buy exactly what yur looking for
and there are dealewrs there as well as foks that get together for
group buys, go to http://koiphen.com

There is one individual there named Blamo that has all kinds of top
end fish with more than reasonable prices and most all thats on that
forum have the knowledge on advising yu of quality dealers in yur
price range and carry quality stock of all the gf varieties.....

Koi lo is the aquaria forums / groups resident kook.........she has
done everything and anythng with nothing so she is the pond queen in
her mind, yet her actions are assinine to say the least. her any
attention as she is nothing more than a usenet group kook. Your not
Jewish or jehovah Witness or Protesant or catholic are are you. if so
she will relentlessly badger you in your beliefs and ways........She
is an anti christ.

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 16:59:03 -0500, "Koi-Lo" the usenet resident
kook wrote:

"Lisa" wrote in message
roups.com...
Hello All! This is my first time here!
As a retirement project my husband and I will be building an indoor
pond in the kitchen which should be 10' x 6' x 2' to house oxygenating
plants, ryukins, orandas, fantails and pearlscale goldfish.

You musy have a huge kitchen. ;-)

It is not part of the question nor is it any of yur business Carol.
Your working up to your jealous act again I see.

In the pet
stores where I live the quality of most of the goldfish is "barely" ok.
But the pearlscales (my favorites!!!) are not even up to that!
Short of importing directly are there ANY breeders here in the USA that
are producing quality pearlscales? ANYBODY??? I have found a whole
four places that carry pearlscale goldfish regularly where I can drive
a few hours to examine them prior to choosing rather than sight unseen
over the web. I am considering it lucky when I find mostly undamaged
ones which of course only have one anal tail or only "some" flat scales
instead of completely pearled.

If you want a near-perfect fish you will pay quite a hefty sum for it.

She has already acknolwedged this fact Carol, or are you stil working
up for a comeback into you folks with money routine like you always
do. If you worked you could have money too you lazy old jerk. and buy
decent fish instead of feeders from Wal Mart.

You can check out www.deadfishconnection.com. I've seen some real beauties
there. I believe it's in PA. He's an importer. If he doesn't have on hand
what you want I'm sure he can get them for you.

Carol does not know a good wquality fish one way or another. To her a
good fish is a fish dinner or fish sticks.........her idea of great
fish is fish at Walmart or Petco that cost 21 cents each and labeled
as feeders.

Are there websites where goldfish potential buyers go to "split" an
order if necessary to order from China? I know I would not have the
facilities required for a full order. How could I get a translator to
make it clear they are strictly for personal enjoyment not competition?
Any help is greatly appreciated!! Really!!! Thanks!! Lisa in NJ
(I just am not interested in the quality levels of pearlscale goldfish
seen nearby in NJ and PA except for 4 extraordinary stores all of which
are 2-2 1/2 hours away from where I live and NONE of them have the
pearlscales with the longer fins as seen while drooling at Chinese
websites!!!) I hope this doesn't seem inflammatory, it is so
frustrating and sad to not have access to the quality level I want at
home!!!

http://koiphen.com is whereyou want to post your questions and get
recomendatins from. Not from a dum jerk like Carol who does not have a
clue, and its only her word to go on..

Old 25-06-2006, 11:24 PM posted to rec.ponds
-ED

Welcome to the wrecked ponds. We're usually closed on the weekends for
the comedy central bunch. But hang in there, You'll get an honest reply
shortly. Grab some coffee and 'ride the tide' so to speak. Here and
there we've got goldfish fans, koi lovers, fancy fanciers and the list
will run out of paper.

You can find some great ponders thru one of the Google groups--The
Freshwater Aquarium--
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium
Best of Luck

Old 25-06-2006, 11:33 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

On 25 Jun 2006 14:48:53 -0700, "Lisa" wrote:

Hello All! This is my first time here!
As a retirement project my husband and I will be building an indoor
pond in the kitchen which should be 10' x 6' x 2' to house oxygenating
plants, ryukins, orandas, fantails and pearlscale goldfish.

Wow, way cool.

I hear you when you say it is hard to find quality goldfish. You might want
to check into koi/goldfish shows around you. Usually many dealers show up
with fish for sale. At our recent convention I contacted the one dealer
coming I knew had goldfish and they brought 20-30 in for me to look over. I
purchased 2, a telescope orange & white veiltail and a panda moor. The
later is what I hope to breed. For shows in your area go to www.akca.org
and maybe www.goldfishconnection.com or google for Dandy's Orandas.
~ jan www.jjspond.us
-----------------

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium

Old 26-06-2006, 04:01 AM posted to rec.ponds
Gail Futoran

"Lisa" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

You might check www.aquabid.com

It's risky, but sometimes you gotta take the
risk! I ordered some pygmy cories from
a seller on aquabid, got sc**wed by the
shipper, but the seller was extremely helpful.
Shipping was the most expensive part of the
process (for the kind of fish I have).

Gail
near San Antonio TX

Old 26-06-2006, 04:14 PM posted to rec.ponds

if you know the dealer that is one thing. those that go to the show without
pre-knowledge of the dealer can get badly, badly burned. many dealers order fish for
these shows and they are right out of the ice cold box they were shipped in from
China or ???? they are dumped into tanks without any filtration and the ammonia
climbs during the day they are there. these fish are going to die in the buyers
tanks. and good luck trying to get replacement or money back.
as a newbie I bought an outrageously gorgeous oranda at one such show and the next
day it broke out with the most hellatious case of ich and died. There are some
people bring their own "home grown" fish to shows, like Al Foster.
most of the time drop sellers wont even tell you they just got the fish even if
asked. buyer beware!!! Ingrid

~ janj wrote:
I hear you when you say it is hard to find quality goldfish. You might want
to check into koi/goldfish shows around you. Usually many dealers show up
with fish for sale. At our recent convention I contacted the one dealer
coming I knew had goldfish and they brought 20-30 in for me to look over. I
purchased 2, a telescope orange & white veiltail and a panda moor. The
later is what I hope to breed. For shows in your area go to www.akca.org
and maybe www.goldfishconnection.com or google for Dandy's Orandas.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan
Old 29-06-2006, 03:03 AM posted to rec.ponds
Lisa

In between trolls have been some great suggestions!! I have looked at
goldfishconnection.com and dandyorandas.com and aquabid.com before.
(heck, I've even looked at ebay!!! and the fish sempai!) I have
gotton two people to ask their suppliers if they have a source for the
long finned pearlscales once I'm ready to purchase. I really am
looking forward to it as a great project!!!!! Lisa

Goldfish color.. questions... Gareee© Ponds 29 01-04-2006 07:22 AM
Lethargic pearlscale Newbie Bill Ponds 0 10-06-2004 10:09 PM
Help request: Designing above ground indoor pond Gary Ponds 7 15-04-2003 08:32 PM