Old 16-04-2003, 08:08 PM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

Default Sad news... All my plants are dead!

I went and started to raise up my plants that were on the bottom of the pond
floor and found all rotten, smelly plant baskets. I have to drain the pond and
refill it at least 50% water change. Some plants look like they didn't get
soggy but like the water lily that was rottened! THe plants were planted in
baskets with medium rocks. What did I do wrong??!!

Thanks in advance,

Sacha
Old 16-04-2003, 08:32 PM
jammer

Hey, dont toss that lilly! Mine looked rotten as well but it has
sprouted now 7 leaves and it happy happy happy. Maybe give it a little
time and see if it is really dead?

Old 16-04-2003, 09:44 PM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

True I was going to keep it and hope that it's not a total loss.

Sacha
Old 16-04-2003, 10:09 PM
Jerrispond

how old was the lily? was it growing in your pond last year? What zone are you
in? Jerri

Old 17-04-2003, 01:56 PM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

In article ,
(Jerrispond) writes:

how old was the lily? was it growing in your pond last year? What zone are
you
in? Jerri

Last year I bought it, Zone 6.

Sacha

Old 17-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Pinkpggy

Hey, dont toss that lilly!

I found out, don't toss anything, if it looks rotten. As long as there is a
little bit of root, it may come out of it.
Old 18-04-2003, 01:08 AM
Jerrispond

how old was the lily? was it growing in your pond last year? What zone are
youin?

I would give it a few more weeks. If it hasn't shown new leaves when the water
temps have been 60 for a week I would pitch it. Some types of lilies are prone
to crown rot. I would make sure if the crown is slimy and it doesn't come
back....Throw out the pot, and the soil. Buy a lily from a different store,
and a different type of lily. Place it in a different part of your pond. If
you know the name of the lily , tell me and I will look it up for you Jerri