Old 16-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Robert Liles

Default Black edges appearing on fins

Several of my goldfish are getting a black edge on the back of their
fins. Is this a sign of disease? Not all of the fish are affected. I
have just salted my pond if that affects the answer any.

Old 16-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Charles

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:24:12 GMT, Robert Liles
wrote:

Several of my goldfish are getting a black edge on the back of their
fins. Is this a sign of disease? Not all of the fish are affected. I
have just salted my pond if that affects the answer any.

Usually means they are recovering from ammonia burns.

_

- Charles
-
-does not play well with others
Old 17-04-2003, 05:20 AM
John Rutz

--
I had goldfish that had that as thier natural coloor it usualy came on
when they were 2-3 in long some turned completly black over a years time

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 17-04-2003, 05:20 AM

recovering from ammonia burns. black is sign of healing. Ingrid
Old 18-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Robert Liles

We tested the water and there is not now any ammonia. It tested zero.
We did however do a complete water change about 6 to 8 weeks ago so
maybe there was elevated ammonia in the water then.

Thanks for all the responses.

Bob

Old 19-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Robert Liles

Are red eyes also a symptom of ammonia toxicity/recovery? One of my
goldfish's eyes have gotten visibly red.

Thanks