Old 12-09-2007, 05:20 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Pondmaster pump part #2

Well he jackbutted around town and there is no black hose anywhere to fit
the 1 1/2" outlet for the pump. The pump has a barb end the hose goes over
and clamps. He couldn't find any reducers that went from 1 1/2" to 1". So
he came home with nothing but clamps. Since he has to go into Nashville on
business today he's going to check out some of the stores there.

We'll have to get white or clear hose that quickly clogs with algae. Maybe
I can spray paint it black with that new spray paint for plastics since that
part will be above water.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:39 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Sep 12, 11:20 am, "Reel McKoi" wrote:
Well he jackbutted around town and there is no black hose anywhere to fit
the 1 1/2" outlet for the pump. The pump has a barb end the hose goes over
and clamps. He couldn't find any reducers that went from 1 1/2" to 1". So
he came home with nothing but clamps. Since he has to go into Nashville on
business today he's going to check out some of the stores there.

We'll have to get white or clear hose that quickly clogs with algae. Maybe
I can spray paint it black with that new spray paint for plastics since that
part will be above water.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.
rec.ponder since late 1996.
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:http://tinyurl.com/9do58
Zone 6. Middle TN USA
~~~~ }((((* ~~~ }{{{{(ö

If you get the flexible PVC type hose it can be painted with Krylon
FUSION paint. The clear tygon or Vynil hose will not keep paint on it
at all. 1.5" green with a black or grey liner with reinforcing in it
like a vacuum cleaner hose is available here in out TSG store as well
as out Lowes............Its not black but it certianly does not allow
light to penetrate it either.

Old 13-09-2007, 03:00 AM posted to rec.ponds

"Tristie" wrote in message
oups.com...

If you get the flexible PVC type hose it can be painted with Krylon
FUSION paint.

None of the flexible hose would fit either. There's a inner and outer
diameter problem with everything we tried. We were all over the place after
dinner and came home with nothing but a 20' chemical smelling flat 1 1/2"
hose we had to leave out on the porch. The smell is so strong it was making
me nauseous in the van and it cost us $22. Because of the differences of
the outer diameters and inner diameters nothing worked, nothing would fit
anything else. We spent over an hour at one HD as they tried to help us
somehow reduce the 1 1/2" inch hose to two or more 1" hoses. PVC wouldn't
work because a 1" hose will not fit over a 1" PVC T. Nothing fit anything
else. There are *no reducers* to be found in any of the stores here. By
the time we got home we were tired, frustrated and totally worn out. So the
pump is still sitting here unusable. There is one store left to try but we
were too tired and discouraged to drive on down there....... we'll hit it
tomorrow. If that's a bust.... well, I have no idea what we'll do then.

The clear tygon or Vynil hose will not keep paint on it
at all.

We looked at the clear hoses but there are several problems there also. One
is they're almost as stiff as a metal rod, not very flexible, they clog
quickly with algae (been there - done that) and there was no reducers or
T-reducers in any case, just connectors.... and the clear plastic hose was
$4 a foot. We don't want to, nor can we afford to - replace all the 1" hose
that runs everything in the pond. Without some way to reduce the hose to 1"
we can't use this new pump.

1.5" green with a black or grey liner with reinforcing in it
like a vacuum cleaner hose is available here in out TSG store as well
as out Lowes............Its not black but it certianly does not allow
light to penetrate it either.

Do they sell reducers for these hoses where you live? No use in us buying 1
1/2" hoses we can't use because we can't find any way to reduce them to
several 1" hoses.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.