Old 21-04-2003, 08:44 PM
John Rutz

Default Finished the edges of my pond

zookeeper wrote:
John Rutz wrote:

are you using that auto links???? SuSe doesnt
do that

John, some news servers do not accept JPGs GIFs or BMPs over a certain
size in text only news groups. I didn't get the picture either, and I
suspect that's why. Also, if your news reader is set to only download
text files, it might skip messages which contain anything else (logos,
sigs with pictures, etc.)
--
zookeeper

thats i dont think thats it Im suposedly set to download anything
thats on the group but I will check and see if my settings are not what
I think they are
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 22-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Nedra

In order to Bypass Garee's post I just exit Outlook Express
then start it up again. After I've read all the posts, I go to
Edit and then Mark All as Read. Garee's post is no longer
highlighted. I know it's a long way around the problem but it does work.
Nedra

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
What a mix-up! On Outlook Express the size of the post is on
the far right. I checked when I saw the Garee's post was taking
far too long to download. That was the culprit - 984KB.
Much too large to be sending on rec.ponds.
The links that Michael Schaffer sent were just that... Links.
No pics which is the way we should actually send our pics.

HTH

Nedra

Old 22-04-2003, 01:08 AM
mad

me, too. i have outlook express for mac, and all i have to do is mark them
all read. if i have clicked on the big ng message because i didn't pay
attention to the size of it, then i do have to exit and then come back to
the newsgroup and then mark it read.
mad
--
I'm tracing my family history so I will know who to blame.
Ron Whitney

From: John Rutz
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 17:14:28 -0600
Subject: Finished the edges of my pond

Nedra wrote:
In order to Bypass Garee's post I just exit Outlook Express
then start it up again. After I've read all the posts, I go to
Edit and then Mark All as Read. Garee's post is no longer
highlighted. I know it's a long way around the problem but it does work.
Nedra

that explains my dilema I didnt get garee's origional post just posts
talking about the pic

Old 22-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Gareee

"mad" wrote in message
first, one must have a CD burner...

Yeah, but they are so cheap now. A high speed one might run you $70 or so,
and a older slower one might run you $25.. Heck that's the price of a few
zip discs! LOL!!

Blank cds hold 7 times the amount, and only cost about $.50 each.. well
worth the investment.. plus then you can share your pics with any family
members that have a pc.. everyone has a cd reader. We make slideshow cds for
our family around the holiday season.

--
Gareee©

Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm
Custom figures, wallpapers, 3D and More!

Old 22-04-2003, 08:56 PM
mad

you may have convinced me. i will have to compute $$ next month and see.
mad

--
Two vultures board an airplane, each one carrying two dead raccoons.
The stewardess looks at them and says, "I'm sorry, gentlemen, only

Old 22-04-2003, 10:44 PM
Nedra

Garee may have convinced you mad ... but not me!
He has a voice that doesn't know the bottom limits
of my finances.

Nedra

Old 22-04-2003, 11:44 PM
mad

LOL. you remember how long i had to save for my little pond? well, it will
be the same thing for a CD burner, i fear. my son has one, but he's always
busy.
mad
--
"What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork".
Pearl Bailey

Old 23-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Cybe R. Wizard

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:32:04 -0500, mad wrote:

LOL. you remember how long i had to save for my little pond? well,
it will be the same thing for a CD burner, i fear. my son has one,
but he's always busy.
mad

Although it will be inviting, don't go for a CD-RW/DVD. Mine gave up
the ghost pretty quick and I've since heard that that is a common
occurrence.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.