Old 22-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Default Updated pond site

I updated my pond site and added two new pages.
You can see all the damage that dog did.
http://priss31.tripod.com/Pond3.htm

Also I would like to know what this plant is?
Its really red and pretty.
Its the last photo on my plants link.
The guy at the Nursery said it was in a batch of pond plants he got in and
he didn't order it. I buy stuff from him all the time and he gave it to me.
http://priss31.tripod.com/Plants.html

I can't wait to get started on my veggie filter. It might be a couple weeks
until I can get some help. lol
Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html

Old 23-04-2003, 01:56 AM
Priscilla McCullough

I am sick!!!!
I just went out to feed my fish and both fancy's in the midget pond is gone.
I had my big red for 4 yrs and he was huge. The picture I took didn't do him
justice. The 3 comets are still in there. What ever it is only got the two
fancy's because I guess they are so slow. :-(
Priss

Old 23-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Nedra

Priss, I am so sorry about your fish!! That is really
tough to go through.

Nedra

Old 23-04-2003, 03:44 AM
Nedra

Priss, I know how much you enjoy your pond - and I know how
destructive dogs can be. Sorry you weren't able to get the
authorities involved.

I also read your son's pages. What a handsome lad he is.
He is doing so well in school.... really makes you wonder
about Autism - dreadful disease.

Nedra

Old 23-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Thanks Nedra on the ponds and Joey.
I'm going to have to buy a different net. I guess the holes in that one was
to big????
Joey is doing quite well. We are on our spring break this week. Enjoying
outside.
I tell ya though, I am beginning to wonder if I shouldn't give up on this
ponding.
I live on the coast of Ga so we got all kinds of predators. I know it wasn't
that dog this time so no telling what
got them. I did stake my ponds out last night, but no visitors, except my
resident frogs. lol
Priss
rthlink.net...

Old 23-04-2003, 03:56 PM
REBEL JOE

Get a pond scarecrow. They shoot a spay of water at what ever comes to
close scares most pests away.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 24-04-2003, 05:44 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Priscilla McCullough" wrote in message
I am sick!!!!
I just went out to feed my fish and both fancy's in the midget pond is

gone.
========================
We lost so may fish to predators that we "bird netted" both ponds. It was
either that or let them turn into wildlife habitats. Since netting them a
few years ago we haven't lost one fish. :-)
We have 2 ponds, one is about 800 gallons and the other 2,000. Both contain
goldfish, koi and plants.
--
Carol.......
"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all

Old 24-04-2003, 04:20 PM
mad

priss, have you thought about a plants-only pond? you can use mosquito dunks
for mozzie control if you do.
mad
--
If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as
well make it dance.