Old 13-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Robin

Default New Skimmer Help

Good morning everyone,
I have done some studying over the winter and decided that I needed to
make a skimmer for my small pond. I made one following some directions
that I found, everything is working great except for one thing. I can't
keep water in my skimmer, it seems like my pump is pulling out water
faster than what it is coming in. Any ideas on what I can do or need to
do to keep the right amount of water in my skimmer.
Thanks for any ideas.
Robin

Old 13-05-2003, 03:44 PM
joe

Robin wrote:

I can't keep water in my skimmer, it seems like my pump is pulling out water
faster than what it is coming in. Any ideas on what I can do

Just make a larger (wider) opening for the water to enter.

Joe

Old 13-05-2003, 11:44 PM
BenignVanilla

"Robin" wrote in message
Good morning everyone,
I have done some studying over the winter and decided that I needed to
make a skimmer for my small pond. I made one following some directions
that I found, everything is working great except for one thing. I can't
keep water in my skimmer, it seems like my pump is pulling out water
faster than what it is coming in. Any ideas on what I can do or need to
do to keep the right amount of water in my skimmer.
Thanks for any ideas.
Robin

Have you tried throttling back the output of your pump?

BV.

Old 14-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Sue Alexandre

I just installed one in my pond, too, about 3 weeks ago. Are you sure the
skimmer is level in the hole? I would think if it's tilting back slightly
you might have a hard time getting enough water in fast enough to keep up
with the pump. Or is the water level in the pond high enough? I found
both those factors made a difference when running mine, and a little "fine
tuning" got it working beautifully.
Sue