Old 01-06-2003, 03:32 AM
Michael Shaffer

Default Veggie pond inlet

How do you people have your pipe entering the veggie pond? I think the
best way for me to do it would be to put a piece of PVC pipe with holes
cut in it in the bottom of the pond, to disperse the water evenly among
the plants. Has anybody else done it like this?

Old 01-06-2003, 04:20 AM
John Rutz

--
i have a 2 in Pvc pipe dumping at the oposite edge of the vF from the
pond on one side and a waterfall on the other side the VF is slightly

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 01-06-2003, 04:56 AM
Nedra

Originally I had such a 'manifold' in my veggie filter. It was a
hassle to keep it unclogged. I finally got
rid of it a couple of summers ago and just have the hose going
into the veggie filter ... the hose is sort of hooked under a
milk crate with the water flowing in unobstructed. The 500 gph pump that
feeds the veggie filter is sitting on a shelf across the pond.
This is a really backwards way of explaining things, isn't it.?

The first website below shows my 3,000 gallon pond in 1994...
the year I had it dug. I have several pumps going .... but that is
another post.

Good Luck!

Nedra

Old 01-06-2003, 06:44 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Yo!
I pick up water from the west end of my pond and dump it into the veggie
filter through an old hand pump rigged up to pump the pond water into a hand
kettle that spills into the VF. Then from the VF it is gravity fed back
into the east end of the pond. You can see the pictures via the link below.
The big green hand pump is for the VF, the shorter hand pump is for the
waterfall!
Later Dude.

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 02-06-2003, 04:20 AM
BenignVanilla

"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message
How do you people have your pipe entering the veggie pond? I think the
best way for me to do it would be to put a piece of PVC pipe with holes
cut in it in the bottom of the pond, to disperse the water evenly among
the plants. Has anybody else done it like this?

I have a 4'' pipe fed from my bottom drain, that ends in a check valve in
the VF. This occurs in the deeper of the VF pond areas. The pump is in the
far end of the VF. The feed pipe pumps water into a small semi-circular
area, and much sendiment collects here. All of the water then flows into a
more narrow area over to a wider deeper area where the pump sits. I have
good fall out, and plenty of surface area.

BV.