Old 03-06-2003, 04:08 AM
*muffin*

Default *MY* pond pics

ok,,, here are some pics of the pond we put in...
http://community.webshots.com/album/74707665onrGAN

I'll take any comments, suggestions & criticisms (VBG)
the original hole had been sitting there for 6 yrs,,,,, then cleaned out
*some* may 11th,,,,,,, the start of the project!!

umm, I may have to re-do some of the pics on the site I uploaded the FULL
big file on some..... let me know if you have a problem.

( even "I" can't believe how far I've gotten with it!)

Old 03-06-2003, 05:32 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Muffin,

Your pond is awesome! I was worried at the beginning pictures, but by the
end, I am impressed! Great job!

I even got an idea for my next pond element! I will make a filter/aerator
out of an old beer keg! Fill it with polyester batt, and then trickle in
water and out of it for sedimentation and bio-filtration. Now all I need is
a beck's beer or Guinness keg. Better yet one of those 151 proof Kentucky
moonshine type kegs! Pile up 3 of them for water to flow in to each other
on it's way back to the pond! Where can I get old beer kegs from?

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 03-06-2003, 06:20 AM
*muffin*

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
Muffin,

Your pond is awesome! I was worried at the beginning pictures,

lolol,, so was *I* (giggle)

but by the
end, I am impressed! Great job!

thank you!!!
I really am astonished how every plant & thing I fix makes SUCH a
difference..........
I have many vines waiting to grow up that lattice fence in the back to give
color & some blocking.

we got started on another project, at the moment,, so my filters will have
to wait till we get the 'correct' hoses, etc........ BUT we did decide to
hook up the old sand filter....... (VBG) it is helping get rid of my algae
bloom slowly,,,

I even got an idea for my next pond element! I will make a filter/aerator
out of an old beer keg!

yea, my hubby looks at THAT beer-keg like bio filter I got, & he keeps
shaking his head,, "you paid what? for that?"

Where can I get old beer kegs from?

maybe ebay? or a brewery nearby?

Old 03-06-2003, 07:08 AM
zookeeper

*muffin* wrote:
ok,,, here are some pics of the pond we put in...
http://community.webshots.com/album/74707665onrGAN

Looks great! love the waterfall and stream.
--
zookeeper

Old 03-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Anne Lurie

"Just Me "Koi"" asked where to get old beer
kegs, but I think the container looks more like a "food-grade" barrel. Many
people build tumbling composters out of them, or use them as rain barrels.
I'm not sure exactly where to get one, though. About 10 years ago, I got
one from a local cheese factory (the barrel had contained peppers used in
one type of cheese).

Obviously, it's *very* important to use a "food-grade" barrel, as you never
know what you might be introducing to your pond otherwise!

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 03-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Hank Pagel

Muffin, Your pond looks great and the vines on the lattice will be awesome.

Just Me, This is an on line supplier I use in work and at home for plastic
drums and any kind of fittings you could dream of. Some of the drums are
reasonable and they ship UPS from local warehouses so shipping cost are
lower.
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Old 03-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Denise

I enjoyed seeing what you did and I especially liked the last pic. Very
nice landscaping around the pond!

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 04-06-2003, 03:44 AM
Just Me \Koi\

thanks

--
_______________________________________

Old 04-06-2003, 05:08 AM
*muffin*

thank you!
I also enjoyed YOUR pics!!!

what a diff it makes when you add things.......

the hardest part is deciding WHERE to put the stuff.. I bought a lot of
plants with no idea where to put them,,, I am NOT the decorator/landscape
type person........

I still have things to plant,,, sheesh I'll be glad a month from now,when
the stuff grows in a bit!

Old 04-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Lee Brouillet

*muffin*, ya did GOOD! What a lovely spot, right next to your porch. You're
right, every small detail makes a difference. When the plants fill in,
they'll go a long way towards "naturalizing" the area. Ah, but be careful:
this year I ended up pulling a lot of what I planted last year because it
"overgrew" the area and replanting. It appears that this hobby never gets to
the "maintenance" level: there's always something to do G! Enjoy it!

Lee

"*muffin*" wrote in message
ok,,, here are some pics of the pond we put in...
http://community.webshots.com/album/74707665onrGAN

I'll take any comments, suggestions & criticisms (VBG)
the original hole had been sitting there for 6 yrs,,,,, then cleaned out
*some* may 11th,,,,,,, the start of the project!!

umm, I may have to re-do some of the pics on the site I uploaded the FULL
big file on some..... let me know if you have a problem.

( even "I" can't believe how far I've gotten with it!)

And some small pics of Morning glories 3 pics (1/2) joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 2 03-10-2011 08:31 PM
Your Pond Pics BenignVanilla Ponds 28 01-05-2003 05:44 PM
TT was Your Pond Pics John Rutz Ponds 5 16-04-2003 04:56 PM
posted my pond pics in binaries Russ and Cathy Ponds 0 03-04-2003 10:08 PM
Sharing pond pics ... Chi Tran Ponds 9 29-03-2003 06:20 AM