Old 04-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Bill Marcy

Default large pond aireation?

I have a 1 acre pond, I am trying to find out the best way to aerate
it. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Gilbert

"Bill Marcy" wrote in message
I have a 1 acre pond, I am trying to find out the best way to aerate
it. Anyone have any experience with this?

This was posted a while ago
http://www.animalnetwork.com/aquafish/reference/ap2.asp

Cheers!
Gilbert

Old 04-06-2003, 10:32 PM
K30a

The following are great resources
for large, natural ponds.
Earth Pond Sourcebook
by Tim Matson
and the newsgroup
misc.rural
and the ask the Pond Boss forum
http://www.pondboss.com/cgibin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

good luck!
k30a
Old 04-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Paul Irwin

These folks are helpful, and there is valuable information in their catalog
http://www.aquaticecosystems.com/aquatic1v1/index.icl

Old 04-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Lori

I have a 1 acre pond, I am trying to find out the best way to aerate
it. Anyone have any experience with this?

Try a windmill.
http://www.pondaeration.com/

Also check this site out:
http://www.aquascapeol.com/

Lori

Old 05-06-2003, 12:21 AM

aquatic ecosystems has a lot of info and stuff for aerating big ponds. Ingrid

Old 05-06-2003, 02:20 AM
Gregory Young

Bill:
I use a submerged (neoprene) aeration disk (lasts longer and doesn't foul
like airstones can), connected via weighted tubing to 1/4 compressor,
designed for continuous duty. Compressor draws only 3.1amps and pushes
1.5CFM of air in depths up to 35 ft deep!
I have the compressor hidden in an artificial rock.
My 1/2 acre ponds are each only about 12 ft deep.
I have a floating fountain (in one) I built that kicks up to a height of 15
ft, but I use this primarily for decorative and cooling (evaporative)
purposes.
The compressor/diffuser is the single best investment I made for my "farm
ponds" as we call then here. That plus lots of lilies and marginals have
resulted in clear pond, larger fish, and little to no mulm on bottom of
pond. 1st pond put in 1982/3, second 1984/5.
They don't look like they will ever need to be drained/cleaned with the
balance they seem to have going.
Happy ponding,
Greg

Old 05-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Bill Marcy

Do you have a source for the aeration disk that you use?

On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 01:12:04 GMT, "Gregory Young"
wrote:

[...]

.. .

Old 06-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Gregory Young

Yes, either drop me an email to this address:
or call me at 716-537-2830 evenings (by 10pm EDST), and
I can fill you in
Happy ponding,
Greg

wrote:

[...]