Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Gareee©

Default New pond residents question...

Hey gang.. we're getting closer to moving into the new house... the land has
been mostly prepared this week.

Anyway, the plans are for a small retention pond in front because of rain
water flow through the property. It has a channel that connects to a spring
on property, in the middle of a bamboo grove. (We cut out 1/4 acre of bamboo
out yesterday.. and are pretty sore after that!) It then runs down into two
other springs. Between the 1st and last 2nd springs, we'll have a pond dug
out. Since we'll have fresh spring water flow through, the pond shouldn't
get stagnant at all.

The other day while I was there, I saw some of the local residents already
living there. I saw crayfish/crawdads, a large box turtle, and a lizard/newt
kinda thing. It was small, a few inches long, and looks pretty slimy. I know
it's NOT a chameleon, but was wondering if anyone here might know what they
were (saw a few of them over the course of a few days).

Just curious... also anyone know if Koi would survive this type of pond??
Anything I should consider on the pond development? Lotsa natural rock there
for deco, too! Ponder's Heaven!!

This is in Western NC, near Waynesville, BTW...

Gareee©
Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm
Custom Figures, Wallpapers and more!