Old 14-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Pickmaster

Default Lining of pond with sheet plastic

Finished a 3 weekend project of pumping my pond out (water never would clear
up), lining with 20 x 100 foot sheets of black plastic, and refilling. So
far after several days, the results have been good. K30a, in case you
remember the lily eating snapping turtle, I took him off a mile away--before
the pond had finished refilling, ANOTHER one got in, and attacked the lilies
again. No doubt about what did it this time, since he is the only thing in
there, as I moved my 7 Koi out for the time being.
What's the best way to catch him?

Old 14-06-2003, 05:32 PM
K30a

Well, you can't be draining and refilling all the time, that's for sure.
Try these sites ~

commercial turtle trap
http://www.texastastes.com/p239.htm

homemade turtle trap
http://www.chelydra.org/

good luck!
k30a
Old 14-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Pickmaster

Sorry, forgot to include the link to the pix
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commun...geid=86429&ck=

.. .

Old 16-06-2003, 08:01 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 12:57:07 -0500, "Pickmaster"
wrote:

Sorry, forgot to include the link to the pix
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commun...geid=86429&ck=

Looks beautiful!

What I don't quite understand, since you punched pvc staples thru it and
used on 6ml, can I assume (uh, oh, there I go again ;o) you are trying to
keep the murk down from the clay bottom, as there wasn't a leak problem?
~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 17-06-2003, 12:36 AM
Pickmaster

Yes Jan, the soil down here north of New Orleans holds water like a saucer,
but it never would clear with the fine clay silt (having hundreds of mud
catfish didn't help) Your pond work is fantastic by the way!