Old 27-06-2003, 12:08 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Rain water collector

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
.. .
Personally I think you're out of luck John, being in DC I suspect (correct
me if I'm wrong) that your rain is quite acidic and it will forever cause
your roof to toss of Copper. ~ jan

snip

Now ~jan...that wasn't a dig on DC was it? Livin in MD, I would have to say,
"Them's fightin' words..."

BV.
disclaimerPurely in Jest/disclaimer

No, I'm just assumming again, gets me in trouble all the time. (

I'm assuming all the East Coast has problems with Acid rain due to how
their electrical power is produce. I should have waited on Ingrid to
answer. ;o) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 27-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
. ..

Personally I think you're out of luck John, being in DC I suspect (correct
me if I'm wrong) that your rain is quite acidic and it will forever cause
your roof to toss of Copper. ~ jan

snip

Now ~jan...that wasn't a dig on DC was it? Livin in MD, I would have to say,
"Them's fightin' words..."

BV.
disclaimerPurely in Jest/disclaimer

No, I'm just assumming again, gets me in trouble all the time. (

I'm assuming all the East Coast has problems with Acid rain due to how
their electrical power is produce. I should have waited on Ingrid to
answer. ;o) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

I think it because the air currents travel from West to East
and picks up polution along the way. Not because of how we
produce our electricity, but that does help in some cases,
but remember we too use nuclear energy (TMI).

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 27-06-2003, 01:56 PM
BenignVanilla

"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message
snip
[...]

There have been some interesting studies done (I have no sources on hand, I
just remember reading about them) about the flow of pollution from the
central parts of the US. It seems a large part of the pollution in the NE
drifts in from middle eastern part of the US. Although we do have our share
to be sure. We definitely need more nuke plants.

BV.

Old 27-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Nedra

About 15 years ago National Geographic had a center fold
article about a pollution study that was done .... and it started here
in St. Louis. They were using passenger balloons with all
instruments on board you could ever think of...
Scientists too!!! lol Anyway they got ontop of an
ozone induced thermal and
drifted all the way to New York City .... (I think) It was
impressive to see the balloons floating on top of this orange
colored ozone layer.

Nedra

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

Old 27-06-2003, 03:20 PM
John Hines

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
. ..
Personally I think you're out of luck John, being in DC I suspect (correct
me if I'm wrong) that your rain is quite acidic and it will forever cause
your roof to toss of Copper. ~ jan

snip

Now ~jan...that wasn't a dig on DC was it? Livin in MD, I would have to say,
"Them's fightin' words..."

BV.
disclaimerPurely in Jest/disclaimer

No, I'm just assumming again, gets me in trouble all the time. (

I'm assuming all the East Coast has problems with Acid rain due to how
their electrical power is produce. I should have waited on Ingrid to
answer. ;o) ~ jan

Actually it is us folks in the Midwest that are the problem, with
prevailing westerly winds, and tall smoke stacks, it takes a fair
distance before the smoke hits clouds, and turns to acid.

The folks in the east coast cause acid rain over the Atlantic ocean.