Old 17-06-2003, 11:23 PM
Nedra

Default Hi Everybody!

Hey there ... I'm back!
Now to read about 4,000+ posts .... lol.

Update on Nathan:

Head is stapled together... bandaged... Arm in a cast and
he is back with his Unit in Baghdad.
Just exactly where he wants to be!!

This granma is really crazy,,,,,,,,
Thanks for all your best wishes and such!

Nedra

Old 18-06-2003, 06:40 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Great to hear Nedra! You are not crazy to be worried about your grand kid.

I tell you one thing, my grandmas (bless their soul) where very dear to me,
and I suspect so was I to them. It's a different bond.

My grannies always told me that the worst thing that can happen to them is
to bury their own grandkids, and always prayed that they never had to
experience that.

Quick healing to your grandson, he is lucky in many ways, he is alive, and
has a great granny!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

thlink.net...

Old 18-06-2003, 04:08 PM
John Hines

"Nedra" wrote:

This granma is really crazy,,,,,,,,
Thanks for all your best wishes and such!

Some how, I think you'd be back here, after you come back from the ER
after an "accident" at the pond yourself, and tell us all about it.

espirit de corps, it is something that even us porgers feel, and nobody
is shooting at us.

He'll have some great war stories to tell is grandkids!
Old 18-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Nedra

Thanks "just me Koi" .... You are soo right!! The bond between grandparents
and their grandkids is phenomenal... I know
how I felt about my grandmother. She was a Saint as far as
I was concerned.

I'll pass your good wishes on to Nathan ... and his parents ;-)

Nedra

Old 19-06-2003, 12:56 AM
Denise

Hello Nedra! I'm pretty new reading and posting here. Just want to say
I'm proud of your brave grandson and thank him.

My son did his four years in the Navy (based in Japan on USS Flagship
Blue Ridge) and then was in college (going for degree in film) when 9/11
happened. He sent me an email a few days later telling me "there would
be a slight delay in his getting an Oscar". His reserve unit was being
called up. I was very upset to say the least! Told my doctor to give me
RX for Xanax...

My family got lucky...they retrained my son to be MP (he made rank of
MA, Master at Arms) and he was stationed at naval base in Key West FL.
Not a bad gig :-)

His job was stressful, guarding the gate and checking everyone and
everything that wanted to come on to base but at least he wasn't over
there, like your grandson. I don't know how you function day to day
worrying. I salute Nathan!

My son just got released from active duty and is home with us for three
weeks, then he goes back to college. My heart goes out to all our
military families and I hope for a safe return of all their loved ones.

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 19-06-2003, 03:44 AM
Nedra

Hi there Denise, Thank you a million for your post.
I certainly know what you mean about functioning
day-to-day. It's difficult... I am a Worrier.But Baghdad
is precisely where
Nathan wants to be.... so we are very proud of him and
his choices. His twin, Mike, is in the Navy. (pics are on
my website below) He hasn't done all
your son has but he is trying to break records too. He's
a Crew Chief on the Carl Vinson and he was badly burned several
months ago when "his" jet back fired! They got his face back
to "beautiful" via a plastic surgeon. They flew the surgeon
to the Vinson just for Mike! The service sure takes care of
the guys !!!
I know how happy you are that your son is "home" ...
out of harms way!

God Bless......

Nedra