Old 09-07-2003, 12:50 AM
Registered User

Location: Herts, UK

Very similar filters and Vortex in one unit can be found at World of Water in the UK. They coming in 3-4 different sizes and cost starting from £99 for the smallest one going up to £399 (about $600). alternatively you can get the whole system (Aquamax pump, BioSys Filter and and Bitron UV) for £399 (for 4000 gallons pond) The UV can fit perfectly on the filter.
Unfortunately they seems to be very new system so in the catalogues and website you will find the old models. One thing for su World of Water near Watford (UK) have those type of filter-vortex things as I just purchase one myself.
website :http://www.world-of-water.co.uk/.
If you need any info please let me know.
BTW, NICE JOB, NICE POND,
Old 09-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Almost There

I haven't seen one, which is why I asked where you got it. From my limited
knowledge, it seems like the Brits are more "into" their koi than the
Americans. All the newest, latest and greatest developments in filtration
(i.e., the Nexus and that nifty little one-piece unit you have, just to
mention a few) seem to be developed on your side of the Pond. What's it
called?

Lee
"AndyD" wrote in message
om...
Can't you get them like that in the states ?

In article ,
says...
Oh Horse Feathers . . . I should have checked your e-mail address first.

I'd
probably pay that much in freight to get it over to this side of the Big
Pond! But it looks like a very nice unit.

Lee

"AndyD" wrote in message
om...
It was £695 from Manor Koi of Essex in UK....I think they have them made
specially, unfortunately they don't have a website.
It's got 6 bays 1 containing brushes, 2 with bits of plastic & 3 with
matting plus the vortex.

In article ,

says...
Me too! What kind of filter/vortex system is that? And - if I may be so
bold, what is the cost? It looks like a very nice self-contained system.

Lee

"Doug" wrote in message
Nice Job!!!!

Nice Filter Too!!

You won't be sorry you have a vortex .What model is that filter??

Doug
"AndyD" wrote in message
om...
The pond is now almost finished it only has 4 koi & 4 goldfish,which
were all freebies, but now after a year we seem to be getting some
steady ph,nitrate & ammonia readings (all good) so now may well be

the
time to buy a few.

http://www.btinternet.com/~andy.stuff/Pond/

--
Only a test...but it's a start... now with guest book !
http://andy.stuff.users.btopenworld.com/

Old 09-07-2003, 04:22 PM
AndyD

Nice to see that we are ahead in something...even if it is pond filters!
;-)
In article , =20
says...
I haven't seen one, which is why I asked where you got it. From my limite=

knowledge, it seems like the Brits are more "into" their koi than the
Americans. All the newest, latest and greatest developments in filtration
(i.e., the Nexus and that nifty little one-piece unit you have, just to
mention a few) seem to be developed on your side of the Pond. What's it
called?
=20
Lee
"AndyD" wrote in message
om...
Can't you get them like that in the states ?
=20
In article ,

says...
Oh Horse Feathers . . . I should have checked your e-mail address first=

..
I'd
probably pay that much in freight to get it over to this side of the Bi=

Pond! But it looks like a very nice unit.

Lee

"AndyD" wrote in message
om...
It was =A3695 from Manor Koi of Essex in UK....I think they have them m=

Old 10-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Registered User

Location: Herts, UK

For anyone who wants to see details and prices about that filter/vortex combi can visit http://www.koivision.co.uk/acatalog/Koi_Shop.html
Unfortunately (for some) this is also a UK based company, but dont worry guys very soon it will be on the other markets.
As someone was saying here is good to see that there're still some things that come up first on a European market the then a USA market. Some of us got used of drooling over products that were realesed already on USA market but we had to wait here for at least 3 months to get them.

Old 10-07-2003, 03:45 PM
Lee Brouillet

Yeh, yeh, yeh - and the Nexus/Answer is here (now), too - and I can't afford
IT, either (something to do with freight charges!!!!). (long sigh) . . . I
guess I'll have to dream.

Lee

"IceEros" wrote in message
s.com...
For anyone who wants to see details and prices about that filter/vortex
combi can visit http://tinyurl.com/giup

Old 11-07-2003, 04:34 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On 10 Jul 2003 09:42:38 -0500, "Lee Brouillet" wrote:
Yeh, yeh, yeh - and the Nexus/Answer is here (now), too - and I can't afford
IT, either (something to do with freight charges!!!!). (long sigh) . . . I
guess I'll have to dream.
Lee

A Brit gave a talk at the PNKCA convention 2002 in Spokane and remarked
that American tended to discuss the merits of their filter systems and
incorporate those merits we might find lacking in ours. Whereas the Brits
would go to the local pub and over their Ale get in shouting matches as to
who had the best filter system. ;o)

Therein I guess is perhaps why the Brits keep building the better
"commercial" filter, because there will always be a market? Even if the
prior one worked just fine. ;o) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~