Old 08-07-2003, 06:12 PM
bobkiely

Default Raccoon Repellent

I know...I was telling my son, "You pay $3 for a gallon of milk, $2 for a
gallon of gas, $30 for a gallon of Jack Daniels and (at the rate I paid)
$185 for a gallon of coyote ****...what's wrong with this picture?
BK
"Hank Pagel" wrote in message
That's like paying $2. for a bottle of filtered water or $1. for a
bottle of Coke. (filtered water + sugar + caffeine ) I never could
figure that out. ....... Just because the water was filtered through a
coyote it's $16. a bottle.
"Hank Pagel" wrote in message
For $16 you should have gotten the whole coyote! It is supposed to
work if there are coyotes in your area. The coon may just think it

is
cheap cologne if it does not recognize it as a predator. I looked

out
this morning to one furry bandit in a Hav-a-heart. I think I'll take
the little guy to the park today. Good luck with yours. I hope

only have one.
"bobkiely" wrote in message
I know some of you will think I'm just kidding due to my recent

run-ins with
the raccoon but this is serious - no kidding.

Yesterday I was at Petco and was talking to the guy in the fish

department
and I mentioned I had a pond. He tells me that he used to but gave

it up due
to being constantly trashed by the raccoons. So I mentioned to him

that I
had 4 visits from coons in the last week and I was thinking of

trading in
the goldfish and koi for 200 4" piranhas to remedy the problem.

(OK
I can't
help it - just kidding about that part).

So he tells me I should get some coyote urine...that if it was

available
when he had the problem, he's probably still have his pond. For a

second I
thought HE was kidding and I said, "You said coyote urine?" He

said
that
they sell it across the street at Green Thumb Nursery. So I went

over there
and bought an 8 oz bottle plus a couple of dispensers. Last night

was the
first time I used it and didn't have a visit - coincidence? I

don't
know but
I had to try it even if it was $16.

Anybody else hear of it? And it IS actual 100% pure coyote urine,

not some
chemical (according to them). I'll take their word for it.

They have a web site: http://www.legupenterprises.com

BK

Old 08-07-2003, 06:12 PM
BenignVanilla

"bobkiely" wrote in message
newsQBOa.120595$MJ5.95992@fed1read03...
Oh, we've got MORE than our share of coyotes. I'm in Orange County, CA and
for people with more conventional pets, (dogs & cats) the coyotes are a

much
bigger problem than raccoons.

Night 2 without a visit...hope I can keep saying that!
BK

snip

I still think I would look forward to the...snap the lights on...come out
shouting with a paintball gun. Seems like it would scare the crap out of the
coon, and be fun while you are at. You could also take a 20oz Pepsi bottle
with about 3 inches of water in it. Add 5-6 dry ice pellets, screw the cap
on tight and toss out by the pond. Makes one hell of a boom. Should scare
everything within a quarter mile. Oh, and hurt anything with 10 feet or so,
so don't aim for a direct hit. Scare the little dude, don't hurt him.

BV.

Old 08-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Hal

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 07:44:48 -0400, "Hank Pagel"
wrote:

I looked out
this morning to one furry bandit in a Hav-a-heart. I think I'll take
the little guy to the park today.

Take him for a swim, come back in half an hour and let him out of the
cage.

Regards,

Hal
Old 08-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Hank Pagel

Well one raccoon relocated. Found him a nice spot by a lake. He was
kind-of small, and cute as he stuck his human-like little paw out of
the cage as if to say, "Come closer so I can RIP YOUR LIPS OFF"!
....... I reset the trap ..... I have a strong feeling Mama and family
are nearby waiting to have another swim and buffet in Hank's Puddle.
......... Let us know how the "Midnight under a coyote" cologne works.

Old 08-07-2003, 11:19 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

BenignVanilla wrote:
"bobkiely" wrote in message
[...]

It would also harm the fish!

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 08-07-2003, 11:36 PM
John Rutz

another thing I have heard that suposedly repels everything but snakes
is shaving lifebuoy soap around the area..... I can see why that might
work that smell repels me ;-)

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 09-07-2003, 02:41 AM
Rhino

I still think I would look forward to the...snap the lights on...come out
shouting with a paintball gun. Seems like it would scare the crap out of the
coon, and be fun while you are at. You could also take a 20oz Pepsi bottle
with about 3 inches of water in it. Add 5-6 dry ice pellets, screw the cap
on tight and toss out by the pond. Makes one hell of a boom. Should scare
everything within a quarter mile. Oh, and hurt anything with 10 feet or so,
so don't aim for a direct hit. Scare the little dude, don't hurt him.

BV.

hey BV just to let you know, the dry ice bomb you describe is actually a
prohibited weapon as described by th ATF and most states law. It is classified
as a destructive device here in Texas and you could get 10-20 years in the
federal pen if a and Judge in a foul mood sits on the case.
Rhino

See my pond
www.htcomp.net/rhino_4_good/index.htm

"Without the second ammendment, the others are just suggestions."
Old 09-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Hank Pagel

Number two in trap!!!!!! The rest of the family trashed the pond, They
even ate all the flowers and buds from all the lilies. I think I need
more traps. All of the older fish seem ok. (We have not had bonding
sessions with the smaller GF yet.) It seemed as if all were present
for their orange slice this morning.
I think the family is getting angry. They overturned several
potted plants in yard and finished their raid with a refreshing dip in
the swimming pool.
Well, time to take #2 to be with his sibling.
At $16. that coyote **** is starting to sound like a bargain.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hankpage1
news

Old 09-07-2003, 03:44 PM
bobkiely

Hank: 3 straight nights now since I marked my territory with CP and no
visits from the Raccoons. (Fingers crossed/knock on wood) I even took down
my soft drink can pyramid (well today is trash day too).
BK
"Hank Pagel" wrote in message
.. .
Number two in trap!!!!!! The rest of the family trashed the pond, They
even ate all the flowers and buds from all the lilies. I think I need
more traps. All of the older fish seem ok. (We have not had bonding
sessions with the smaller GF yet.) It seemed as if all were present
for their orange slice this morning.
I think the family is getting angry. They overturned several
potted plants in yard and finished their raid with a refreshing dip in
the swimming pool.
Well, time to take #2 to be with his sibling.
At $16. that coyote **** is starting to sound like a bargain.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hankpage1
news

Old 09-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Hank Pagel

OOOPS! Did I say the P word? Sorry, I was upset and I think it has
been a long time since there has been a coyote at the New Jersey shore
so I don't think the odor would say predator to the raccoons. #2 is
now sharing a waterfront condo with #1 at a local state park. If I
were a raccoon I would want to live there.
The trap is set again. I hope my plants can withstand another
attack.

"bobkiely" wrote in message
Hank: 3 straight nights now since I marked my territory with CP and

no
visits from the Raccoons. (Fingers crossed/knock on wood) I even

took down
my soft drink can pyramid (well today is trash day too).
BK
"Hank Pagel" wrote in message
.. .
Number two in trap!!!!!! The rest of the family trashed the pond,

They
even ate all the flowers and buds from all the lilies. I think I

need
more traps. All of the older fish seem ok. (We have not had

bonding
sessions with the smaller GF yet.) It seemed as if all were

present
for their orange slice this morning.
I think the family is getting angry. They overturned

several
potted plants in yard and finished their raid with a refreshing

dip in
the swimming pool.
Well, time to take #2 to be with his sibling.
At $16. that coyote **** is starting to sound like a

bargain.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hankpage1
news

Old 09-07-2003, 10:21 PM
EliezerE

Has anyone tried putting a bunch of mouse traps around their ponds? They
helped me scare the coons away, and I haven't found any squirrel paws or bird
beaks in them, so they don't seem to be hurting the local fauna.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:29 AM
K30a

I've heard of putting upside down mousetraps around the pond to scare herons.

Tell more about your experience. Did you hear them when they encountered the
traps? --
(@#$%%!@#*&!!!!!! ;-)

Did you find traps that had been tripped?
When they left did your traps stay untripped later on?

k30a
Old 10-07-2003, 12:29 AM
bobkiely

I thought about that - in fact I was almost out the door to buy a dozen of
them when I realized that even though I haven't see froggy for about 6 weeks
now, being he was my favorite creature in the pond, I'd hate to find him
stuck in a mouse trap. That's when I came up (with what someone named) ,
"The MacGuyver electric COON-B-Q".
BK

Old 10-07-2003, 12:30 AM
EliezerE

I found them tripped in the morning several times, and then they pretty much
were left alone and remained untripped, unless there was a heavy rain, which
did trip them. My plants have been left alone since I put them out. Theyre
pretty ugly, though. I was thinking of spray painting them a decorator black.
And I have to take them in whenever there might be children around.

raccoon problems cr Ponds 6 16-05-2019 06:15 AM
Raccoon repellent Dwayne Edible Gardening 2 12-11-2004 10:14 AM
Raccoon visit #2 bobkiely Ponds 17 07-07-2003 02:47 AM
new product(?)electric fencing for raccoon woes K30a Ponds 3 24-02-2003 11:10 PM
new product(?)electric fencing for raccoon woes K30a Ponds 2 24-02-2003 10:29 PM