Old 05-07-2003, 08:44 PM
bobkiely

Default Raccoon visit #2

If anyone is interested in reading about my second visit from the raccoon,
you can access it at alt.binaries.aquaria, posted 7/5/03 12:01 PM.

The reason I posted it there is that it contains a graphic I created to
depict the solution to my problem. The file is in MS Word format.

I appreciate all the suggestions especially from W.E. Coyote, the monkey
hand trap, putting the pellets in backwards, chipmunk-chasing dogs, dog
chasing deer, using lasagna for bait, marshmallow for bait, stuffing it in
my coat, all which are very valid suggestions but I think I came up with the
ultimate - one General Tommy Franks would be proud of me for.

BK

Old 05-07-2003, 08:56 PM
Hank Pagel

I can see tomorrows headline "LETTER CARRIER ELECTROCUTED" Bob sent to
jail for terrorist act against a government employee. Bob tries insane
plea saying " I was just trying to fry a furry little masked bandit
with wet feet."

Old 05-07-2003, 09:56 PM
JSin

Hank Pagel wrote:
I can see tomorrows headline "LETTER CARRIER ELECTROCUTED" Bob sent to
jail for terrorist act against a government employee. Bob tries insane
plea saying " I was just trying to fry a furry little masked bandit
with wet feet."

If the letter carrier is fishing in my pond I'm gunna shock the hell
outta him too.. ;-)

I can just see it Koi in mouth and certified mail flying.

--
JSin
Lost Generation Custom Tattoo

Old 05-07-2003, 10:20 PM
K30a

alt.binaries.aquaria

Tried subscribing and said it did not
exist. Hmmm, is that an AOL problem
or something else?

k30a
Old 05-07-2003, 10:56 PM
Anne Lurie

Wow! Bob, I don't know about your raccoon problem, but you really know your
way around MS Word!!! I had no problem subscribing to
lt.binaries.aquaria -- and, hey, it's a 90/90 day here (temps & humidity
both in 90's), so I may check out the other stuff in that ng.

If anyone's interested, I took the liberty of saving Bob's document as a
Word file if you want to look at it without going through the hassle of
ng-subbing.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 05-07-2003, 11:09 PM
joe

K30a wrote:

alt.binaries.aquaria

Tried subscribing and said it did not
exist. Hmmm, is that an AOL problem
or something else?

Doesn't show up on my list either, and I don't use aol

Joe

Old 05-07-2003, 11:09 PM
joe

K30a wrote:

alt.binaries.aquaria

Tried subscribing and said it did not
exist. Hmmm, is that an AOL problem
or something else?

Try

lt.binaries.aquaria

Yeah, I know. Doesn't make sense to me either.

Joe

Old 05-07-2003, 11:32 PM
John Rutz

K30a wrote:
alt.binaries.aquaria

Tried subscribing and said it did not
exist. Hmmm, is that an AOL problem
or something else?

k30a

-- mus be something else my news server doesnt list it either
not sure about AOL but some servers you have to request that they list a
news group that they dont already have

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 05-07-2003, 11:32 PM
jammer

You cant repost the jest of it here, can ya? I dont have that NG.

Old 05-07-2003, 11:44 PM
John Rutz

Different Servers! =-----

--
cant get it that way either

Old 06-07-2003, 01:32 AM
bobkiely

Anyone who can't access the newsgroup where I posted it, just send me an
e-mail telling me that and I'll send it to you directly.

I tried sending one out replying to individual messages but got it back as
undeliverable...that was to you Jammer.
BK

Old 06-07-2003, 04:08 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 21:53:55 GMT, "Anne Lurie" wrote:

Wow! Bob, I don't know about your raccoon problem, but you really know your
way around MS Word!!! I had no problem subscribing to
lt.binaries.aquaria -- and, hey, it's a 90/90 day here (temps & humidity
both in 90's), so I may check out the other stuff in that ng.

If anyone's interested, I took the liberty of saving Bob's document as a
Word file if you want to look at it without going through the hassle of
ng-subbing.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Me, me, me!" she cried excitedly, whilst jumping up and down, waving arm
wildly. Send to Thanks!

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 06-07-2003, 04:08 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 17:06:51 -0700, "bobkiely" wrote:

Anyone who can't access the newsgroup where I posted it, just send me an
e-mail telling me that and I'll send it to you directly.

I tried sending one out replying to individual messages but got it back as
undeliverable...that was to you Jammer.
BK

"Me, me, me!" more wild hand waving. E-mail address

(Now watch, I'll get 10 people sending it to me. ;o) And that's okay if
it's good and it must be according to those that have seen it. ;o) ~ jan

Old 06-07-2003, 08:20 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Anyone who can't access the newsgroup where I posted it, just send me an
e-mail telling me that and I'll send it to you directly.

BK

"Me, me, me!" more wild hand waving. E-mail address

Got it, thanks BK & KP. A McGuyver Raccoon Scare and Fry Tactic.

I've seen jokes of "but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express" what does that
mean as I'm not getting it? ) ~ jan

Old 06-07-2003, 06:44 PM
bobkiely

Holiday Inn Express runs all these commercials with people achieving feats
that they were never qualified for or never had done before. For instance,
if a guy got hit by a car or something, a perfect stranger would come by and
set the guy's arm, or do brain surgery and when the people thanked him
"Thank you doctor!" He says, "Oh, I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a
Holiday Inn Express last night!"

OK, I know...that's one that you would have to be there (or at least have
seen the commercials) :-)

Actually, this was easy to reply to (copy & paste) as some of my friends
have been asking the same question. :-)
BK

raccoon problems cr Ponds 6 16-05-2019 06:15 AM
looks like a raccoon visit - picture k Ponds (moderated) 17 23-07-2007 06:22 PM
Raccoon Repellent bobkiely Ponds 93 13-08-2003 10:22 PM
new product(?)electric fencing for raccoon woes K30a Ponds 3 24-02-2003 11:10 PM
new product(?)electric fencing for raccoon woes K30a Ponds 2 24-02-2003 10:29 PM