Old 10-07-2003, 05:32 AM
John Rutz

Default OT helpful hints OT

These Helpful Hints Come from My Daughter in law Diana Enjoy.

HELPFUL HINTS

Ladies - If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still
cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt
for an instant "fix-me-up."

Real Woman - If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's
too damn bad. Please recite with me, The Real Women's motto: "I made it
and you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes."

Ladies - Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it
on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.

Real Woman - Take a lime, mix it with tequila, chill and drink. You
might still have the headache, but who cares?

Ladies - Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone
to prevent ice cream drips.

Real Woman - Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone,
for Pete's sake. You are probably lying on the couch, with your feet
up, eating it anyway.

Ladies - To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag
with the potatoes.

Real Woman - Buy boxed mashed potato mix and keep it in the pantry
for up to a year.

Ladies - When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use
bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on
the inside of the cake.

Real Woman - Go to the bakery - they'll even decorate it for you.
Ladies - Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to
yield a beautiful glossy finish.

Real Woman - Sara Lee frozen pie directions do not include brushing
egg whites over the crust, so I just don't do it.

Ladies - If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex

dishwashing gloves. They give a non slip grip that makes opening
jars easy.

Real Woman - Go ask the very cute neighbor guy to do it.

And finally the most important tip....

Ladies - Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice
cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.

Real Woman - Leftover wine??

************************************************** **************

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true
friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 10-07-2003, 12:56 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

John Rutz wrote:

These Helpful Hints Come from My Daughter in law Diana Enjoy.

HELPFUL HINTS

I don't have to send them to my daughter, she's a believer.
My DIL, on the other hand, is in the process of getting her
cookbook published.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 10-07-2003, 03:45 PM
K30a

Bonnie wrote My DIL, on the other hand, is in the process of getting her
cookbook published.

Where did her mother go wrong?! ;-)

Seriously, what kind of recipes are they?
k30a
Old 10-07-2003, 06:23 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

K30a wrote:
Bonnie wrote My DIL, on the other hand, is in the process of getting her
cookbook published.

Where did her mother go wrong?! ;-)

Seriously, what kind of recipes are they?
k30a

The kind that would kill ya ;-). She doesn't believe in
eating healthy the book is filled with humor. The title
is "Aunt Beulah's Tasty Vittles" - Plain old good cookin'
peppered up with good advice. She keeps referring to Uncle
Vern, her husband. Her name isn't Beulah and her husband
(my son) isn't Vern. She's working on a website now. I'll
let ya know when it's up and running.

Old 10-07-2003, 06:23 PM
John Rutz

Bonnie Espenshade wrote:
K30a wrote:

Bonnie wrote My DIL, on the other hand, is in the process of getting
her cookbook published.

Where did her mother go wrong?! ;-)

Seriously, what kind of recipes are they?
k30a

The kind that would kill ya ;-). She doesn't believe in
eating healthy the book is filled with humor. The title
is "Aunt Beulah's Tasty Vittles" - Plain old good cookin'
peppered up with good advice. She keeps referring to Uncle
Vern, her husband. Her name isn't Beulah and her husband (my son) isn't
Vern. She's working on a website now. I'll let ya know when it's up
and running.

--

now that sounds like my kinda cookin is she going to opublish a
regular paper book or just put it on the website?

Old 10-07-2003, 07:44 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

John Rutz wrote:

Bonnie Espenshade wrote:

K30a wrote:

Bonnie wrote My DIL, on the other hand, is in the process of
getting her cookbook published.

Where did her mother go wrong?! ;-)

Seriously, what kind of recipes are they?
k30a

The kind that would kill ya ;-). She doesn't believe in
eating healthy the book is filled with humor. The title
is "Aunt Beulah's Tasty Vittles" - Plain old good cookin'
peppered up with good advice. She keeps referring to Uncle
Vern, her husband. Her name isn't Beulah and her husband (my son)
isn't Vern. She's working on a website now. I'll let ya know when
it's up and running.

now that sounds like my kinda cookin is she going to
publish a regular paper book or just put it on the website?

At the moment, plans are only on the website.

Old 10-07-2003, 09:47 PM
Hank Pagel

Oh me ...... I'll have to skip that one .... my arteries can't handle
it ...... If eat anymore chicken breast or turkey breast I think I am
going to grow feathers or boobs. I hope the saying "You are what you
eat" is not true.
"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message

Helpful Web pages sam2002 Texas 0 16-11-2005 01:22 PM
Readers offer helpful tips on garden pests (LandSteward Column) earl Gardening 0 19-08-2004 04:49 PM
Micro-nutrients??? O Helpful 1 wendy7 Orchids 1 27-05-2004 11:08 AM
where can I order helpful insect eggs or larva michelle Gardening 8 30-05-2003 05:08 AM
good and helpful paul olive Gardening 0 11-02-2003 10:55 AM