Old 13-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Suicidal koi on display

Thank you all for comments on the probability of regrowing scales on our
'peeled' koi.

Jim has put some photos of the koi stuck in the milk crate on our pondsite.
It is now swimming quite freely and eating. Here is the site. Click on
'suicidal koi'.

He has also put in a picture of our toilet-float refill mechanism, under
valve/refill system.

http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley

Old 13-07-2003, 05:08 PM
Theo van Daele

Egads !

FWIW, if it doesn't become ill in the next 2 weeks, it will be fine IMHO.

I have seen my fish recover from wounds, cat paws etc... in a very short
time.

You may remember my post about buying a wounded koi missing a pectoral
fin... well, 6 weeks later the fin is there again, full size, just not
"colored" yet. Amazing how they can "heal", as long as they are healthy.

Hope it gets better, I'm sure it will be :-)

Theo

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" schreef in
bericht ...

Old 15-07-2003, 10:18 PM
Lee Brouillet

I had heard of fish getting caught in milk crates. When they're young, they
can dart in/out, but they don't seem to know that they've grown and can't do
that any more. Perhaps you should check into making PVC stands for your
plants instead? For as "smart" as the fish are, they sure are stupid!

If you had a cycled Q/H tank ready to go, I "might" have suggested trying to
keep the fish isolated until you were sure that he was healing and past the
infection stage. However, it's really hard to keep the water quality up, and
the main pond is usually easier to maintain excellent water Q than a smaller
tank. He looks like he's healing, so just keep an eye on him. If you have
any KoiZyme (formerly Lymnozyme), I'd add a healthy dose of it just to make
sure the aeromonas/psuedomonas bacteria don't try to take advantage of the
situation.

Good luck with him!

Lee

Lee

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in
message ...

Old 19-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Thanks for your input, Lee.

The koi seems to be doing well. Faster now, swims like the rest of them.
Looks funny!

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
[...]

Need help - suicidal shubunkans Elaine T Ponds 15 12-04-2005 09:07 PM
Suicidal fish :( Dude Ponds 5 12-04-2005 05:53 AM
Suicidal koi survives...can it grow new scales? Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 13 17-07-2003 06:08 AM
[IBC] Bonsai display Jim Lewis Bonsai 8 02-03-2003 06:52 PM
Snowdrops on display Pam Moore United Kingdom 2 18-02-2003 03:43 PM