Old 16-07-2003, 02:02 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Shareholders Pond VF Solution

OK, so most of you know that I have had a big problem with my VF in that I
didn't realize it was so far above ground when I dug it, so now I have a
significant amount of liner showing on one end. I had planned to dig it
down, but I have existing landscaping in place that would make that
difficult and unsightly.

I arrived at a solution today. A neighbor of mine is getting rid of a
preformed liner. I am getting it for $30!!! I plan to bury this above the
VF, and then build a large rock water fall over the exposed liner in the VF.
I'll lose some surface are in the VF, but will pick that pack up in the
upper pond. The wife thinks it's a cool idea.

HELLO!?!?!?! Pond #3?????? Already???

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

Old 16-07-2003, 06:36 PM
John Rutz

BenignVanilla wrote:
OK, so most of you know that I have had a big problem with my VF in that I
didn't realize it was so far above ground when I dug it, so now I have a
significant amount of liner showing on one end. I had planned to dig it
down, but I have existing landscaping in place that would make that
difficult and unsightly.

I arrived at a solution today. A neighbor of mine is getting rid of a
preformed liner. I am getting it for $30!!! I plan to bury this above the
VF, and then build a large rock water fall over the exposed liner in the VF.
I'll lose some surface are in the VF, but will pick that pack up in the
upper pond. The wife thinks it's a cool idea.

HELLO!?!?!?! Pond #3?????? Already???

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond
Remove MYFRONTALLOBE to email me.

-- ah and we knw youd figure somthing out
sounds like it wil look good too

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 16-07-2003, 10:24 PM
zookeeper

BenignVanilla wrote:
"zookeeper" wrote in message

Sounds like a good way to "fix" the VF problem. I don't think I'd call
it Pond #3, but maybe something more exotic like "waterfall pool" so you
can still keep your plans to build Pond #3 for the lotus. Don't let this
"fix" limit your number of total ponds -- very unPORG-like!!! ;-)

SOMLOL...When I first started reading your response, I thought you were
opening a debate on what is considered another "pond". I thought you were
being snooty, "Your 3rd pahnd isn't rahlly anahther pahnd." SOMLOL.

Good point...This will just be an "extention to the VF, in order to provide
proper aeration" YES THAT'S IT!!! I have a reservoir pond that is filtered
via a VF, and aerated via my "aeration pond".

Yes!!!!! Now you've got the fever!!! Aeration pond it is!!! ;-) It only
becomes a "pond" after it is built, installed, working, etc. That's the
way to keep the spouses willing to "allow" another "pool," "extension,"
"stream," remodeling, etc. ROFLOL!!!!
--
zookeeper

Old 19-07-2003, 04:22 PM
BenignVanilla

"zookeeper" wrote in message
BenignVanilla wrote:
... I have a
significant amount of liner showing on one end. I had planned to dig it
down, but I have existing landscaping in place that would make that
difficult and unsightly.

... A neighbor of mine is getting rid of a
preformed liner ... I plan to bury this above the
VF, and then build a large rock water fall over the exposed liner in the

VF.

HELLO!?!?!?! Pond #3?????? Already???

Sounds like a good way to "fix" the VF problem. I don't think I'd call
it Pond #3, but maybe something more exotic like "waterfall pool" so you
can still keep your plans to build Pond #3 for the lotus. Don't let this
"fix" limit your number of total ponds -- very unPORG-like!!! ;-)

SOMLOL...When I first started reading your response, I thought you were
opening a debate on what is considered another "pond". I thought you were
being snooty, "Your 3rd pahnd isn't rahlly anahther pahnd." SOMLOL.

Good point...This will just be an "extention to the VF, in order to provide
proper aeration" YES THAT'S IT!!! I have a reservoir pond that is filtered
via a VF, and aerated via my "aeration pond".

BV.

Old 22-07-2003, 09:22 AM
BenignVanilla

"John Rutz" wrote in message
BenignVanilla wrote:
OK, so most of you know that I have had a big problem with my VF in that

didn't realize it was so far above ground when I dug it, so now I have a
significant amount of liner showing on one end. I had planned to dig it
down, but I have existing landscaping in place that would make that
difficult and unsightly.

I arrived at a solution today. A neighbor of mine is getting rid of a
preformed liner. I am getting it for $30!!! I plan to bury this above

the
VF, and then build a large rock water fall over the exposed liner in the

VF.
I'll lose some surface are in the VF, but will pick that pack up in the
upper pond. The wife thinks it's a cool idea.

HELLO!?!?!?! Pond #3?????? Already???

snip
-- ah and we knw youd figure somthing out
sounds like it wil look good too

snip

I think it will work, and it should look nice compared to what I have now.
It will also give me some more surface area for filtration. Although, I
might just make this my lotus pond, instead of doing one up by the house, as
I had planned.

To make this work though, I will need to replumb the VF, as my feed pipe is
to high for a gravity feed back to the reservoir pond, I think. I may still
need to build my sandbag wall to raise part of the VF water level up. That
should work, should look nice when covered with rocks, and solve my problem.
We'll see.

Either way, a $30.00 rigid pond liner, is worth it. I don't know the
gallonage, but it is pretty large. Original price was $80.00.

BV.