Old 23-07-2003, 08:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Lotus Plants...and how NOT to plant them...

Let me know, when you know, we may have to do some trading next year.
~ jan

Not to brag or anything...but another flower bud popped up yesterday.

BV.

What color is it? ~ jan

They are both still buds, so it is hard to tell. There appears to be some
purplish color showing through.

BV.

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 23-07-2003, 03:02 PM
BenignVanilla

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Let me know, when you know, we may have to do some trading next year.

snip

Absotootly. Since I have the OK, and the encouragement from the boss to do a
new Lotus only pond...I'll be happy to do some trading.

Our plan is too tear out herb garden out, and put all the herbs in pots and
set them around a bluestone patio. All different herbs, all different size
and looking pots. On one section, I plan to dig and line a hole, maybe 8
inches deep and FILL it with all different sized river rock. The bluestone
will overlap the edge of the hole, giving it a semi-formal look. Then
sitting in the rock pool, 2-3 huge pots with the lotus in the pots. I plan
to then pump water up from the rock pit, into the lotus pots and let it
cascade down back into the pond. Should make for lots of noise, nice
interest with just a few inches of water over lots of river rock. The large
pots will fit in nicely with the look we're going for in the herb garden, so
the exposed pots will look nice, I think.

BV.

Old 23-07-2003, 03:02 PM
johnrutz

BenignVanilla wrote:
[...]

-- wow that sounds neat get it done i wanna see

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 25-07-2003, 07:22 PM
Nedra

Well Dang, BV! That's no way to treat us co-owners - -
LOL!

Nedra

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
"Nedra" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Oh Gosh... You gotta get a camera and take a picture!
Please? We especially need a picture of the blossom!

I'll do it as soon as I can. I Just got back from camping, and I head out

on
another trip Thursday...

BV.

Old 31-07-2003, 03:12 PM
BenignVanilla

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Can't wait for pictures of that either. ) ~ jan

snip

Right now, my contract is over in a week or so, so I will be unemployed. Two
pallets of slate, and another pond are on hold for now. But I hope by next
spring.

BV.