Old 27-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Robert

Default Help- Need Help with Pond Building

Does anyone know of a good pond builder consultant that would come
look a the pond I am building I tell me what I am doing wrong. I was
supposed to have it built by next weekend. The problem I have is that
the sides are not even, Plus the liner has to many wrinkles. I live in
Northern Virginia.

Thanks

Robert
Old 27-07-2003, 09:04 PM
Rick Samuel

Just what do you mean, "sides are not even"? Do you mean level?

Old 28-07-2003, 02:02 AM
Critical Popperian

Does anyone know of a good pond builder consultant that would come
look a the pond I am building I tell me what I am doing wrong. I was
supposed to have it built by next weekend. The problem I have is that
the sides are not even, Plus the liner has to many wrinkles. I live in
Northern Virginia.

Don't live in Va., but to make the sides even you should use a water
level (a long clear plastic tube full of water), hold one end near one
edge and the other edge near another edge, raise and lower one side at
the desired water level and see where the water levels to on the other
side.

You should build dirt up on the other side and use the water level to
make sure all the sides are level. You can make a water level from
some clear tubing at home depot.

As for wrinkles, it's not possible to get rid of all of them, but when
filling the pond up, call some friends over to hold all the edges on
all sides and will water in while everyone suspends it above the pond.
As it fills, undo the wrinkles.

Make sure you use old carpet or similar for underlayment to make sure
no rocks poke through.

Even if you can't feel a rock or sharp root, sometimes the weight of
the water will push them through the ground. But, EPDM is very strong
stuff. We had a razor sharp piece of pottery get compressed and
squeezed straight into the side of our main pond about 4 inches about
two feet below the water line. The liner was so stretched around it,
I think if I would've flicked it with my finger it would have
popped.... but it didn't! I'm still stunned by how strong EPDM is.
Old 28-07-2003, 02:12 AM
RichToyBox

Contact the MidAtlantic Koi Club. They have several excellent members in
the Northern Virginia area and would probably know someone that could help.
http://www.makc.com
--
RichToyBox

m...