Old 29-07-2003, 09:42 PM
johnrutz

Default Lotus Bloom

K30a wrote:
BV wrote Do you think I should also have face paint?

I think so. John, don't you think raccoon inspired face paint would be
appropriate for this action?
And I think he should rise out of the pond like Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now.

k30a
yearly brother website posting
http://www.30acreimaging.com/

that sounds perfect and he can get it on film for us
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 29-07-2003, 10:13 PM
Wendy Kelly Budd

I do have a weird nose. I don't like the smell of the Leopardess lily, too
strong and smells like laundry soap. However, I love the smell of datura's
and my dh thinks I'm crazy.

A matter of taste, err, smell!

--
Wendy* in N. California,
"Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people

"Nedra" wrote in message
thlink.net...
I don't have a clue about Bradford Pear, BV. ... I do know that MPDS has a
Strong sweet scent. Now, it may stink to some -
to me it is devine ;-)

Nedra

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message

"Nedra" wrote in message
thlink.net...
But, Wendy, MPDS has the strongest aroma of any of the
lotuses. That is my interpreation it anyway. Maybe Perry's
Super Star is close. Which is not surprising since they are
related. Your nose is funny! lololol

Nedra

snip

I dunno...my neighbors love the Bradford Pears in the neighborhood.

Every
year when they bloom I at some point, check the baby's diaper, and my

wife
laughs. I hate the stench made by those 'flowers'.

BV.

Old 30-07-2003, 02:03 PM
BenignVanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
thlink.net...
I don't have a clue about Bradford Pear, BV. ... I do know that MPDS has a
Strong sweet scent. Now, it may stink to some -
to me it is devine ;-)

Something was 'scenting' back there this morning. If it is the lotus, I'll
have to put it in the category with the Pear trees. Ick.

BV.

Old 30-07-2003, 02:03 PM
BenignVanilla

"johnrutz" wrote in message

K30a wrote:
BV wrote Do you think I should also have face paint?

I think so. John, don't you think raccoon inspired face paint would be
appropriate for this action?
And I think he should rise out of the pond like Martin Sheen in

Apocalypse Now.

k30a
yearly brother website posting
http://www.30acreimaging.com/

that sounds perfect and he can get it on film for us

If I can get it on tape, I promise I'll have some slo-mo, as well.
BV.

Old 30-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Nedra

Humm .. what rhymes with ICK? How 'bout SICK!
You are totally Sick when it comes to scents... roflol ...

I have an exaggerated sense of smell.... these lotus are Devine!

Old 31-07-2003, 04:06 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Wow! BV, wonderful Lotus! Mine is blooming to beat the band and I got a
picture the other day. Unfortunately it's not digital so it will be awhile
before I can put it up.

Interesting regarding your surface leaves as most of the first pads on mine
looked similar. The aerials are fine and I can't wait till they cover the
other ugly looking ones.

As far as the raccoon. Obviously they liked your place so well they left
you presents! ) Sure glad the one that came to my house didn't mark the
area, but then it did a lot of work (damage) but got no dinner. If it ever
showed itself again all it got was a shower from the motion sprinkler.
~ jan

On 29 Jul 2003 17:56:17 GMT, ESPMER (K30a) wrote:

The teenagers just got DSL so that means mom can research to her heart's
content. I found

a picture ~
http://www.pestquest.info/expertise/
(ewww!)

and descriptions ~

Raccoon scat tends not to have points, often having a more blunt end

appearance (sometimes compared to a Tootsie Roll™).

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 31-07-2003, 03:22 PM
BenignVanilla

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Wow! BV, wonderful Lotus! Mine is blooming to beat the band and I got a
picture the other day. Unfortunately it's not digital so it will be awhile
before I can put it up.

Interesting regarding your surface leaves as most of the first pads on

mine
looked similar. The aerials are fine and I can't wait till they cover the
other ugly looking ones.

As far as the raccoon. Obviously they liked your place so well they left
you presents! ) Sure glad the one that came to my house didn't mark the
area, but then it did a lot of work (damage) but got no dinner. If it ever
showed itself again all it got was a shower from the motion sprinkler.
~ jan

snip

I planted three lotus. I think one is doing well. One died, and the third is
a miniature variety. I think that is the one yellowing, and I think it is
because the pot is so small. I am going to start potash this week, to see
how that helps. Maybe Miracle Grow in weeks.

BV.

Old 03-08-2003, 05:32 AM
Rhino

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:16:43 -0400, "BenignVanilla"
wrote:

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
But, Wendy, MPDS has the strongest aroma of any of the
lotuses. That is my interpreation it anyway. Maybe Perry's
Super Star is close. Which is not surprising since they are
related. Your nose is funny! lololol

Nedra

snip

I dunno...my neighbors love the Bradford Pears in the neighborhood. Every
year when they bloom I at some point, check the baby's diaper, and my wife
laughs. I hate the stench made by those 'flowers'.

BV.

I spent about an hour one night while on patrol trying to find that person
smoking marijuana. I finally figured out it was the magnolia trees in bloom.
Sure did smell like a stones concert.
Rhino

See my pond
www.htcomp.net/rhino_4_good/index.htm

"Without the second ammendment, the others are just suggestions."
Old 03-08-2003, 05:46 AM
jammer

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 23:28:46 -0500, Rhino wrote:

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:16:43 -0400, "BenignVanilla"
wrote:

"Nedra" wrote in message
arthlink.net...
But, Wendy, MPDS has the strongest aroma of any of the
lotuses. That is my interpreation it anyway. Maybe Perry's
Super Star is close. Which is not surprising since they are
related. Your nose is funny! lololol

Nedra

snip

I dunno...my neighbors love the Bradford Pears in the neighborhood. Every
year when they bloom I at some point, check the baby's diaper, and my wife
laughs. I hate the stench made by those 'flowers'.

BV.

I spent about an hour one night while on patrol trying to find that person
smoking marijuana. I finally figured out it was the magnolia trees in bloom.
Sure did smell like a stones concert.
Rhino

Oh, that IS funny!!!!!

See my pond
www.htcomp.net/rhino_4_good/index.htm

"Without the second ammendment, the others are just suggestions."

Trailing Lotus-2254 (Lotus berthelotii) Maroochy[_4_] Garden Photos 0 16-09-2012 08:23 AM
The Big Dig Update! - Our First Lotus Bloom! Critical Popperian Ponds 2 08-08-2003 12:46 AM
2003 Lotus Pond in Bloom Nedra Ponds 9 03-07-2003 10:38 PM
Lotus' second bloom crooked? Wendy Kelly Budd Ponds 11 03-07-2003 03:56 PM
Lotus question, newbie to lotus claude rogers Ponds 1 02-06-2003 05:56 PM