Old 07-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Shiva

Default Gardening - test

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:46:20 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Shiva" wrote in message
ws.com...
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:12:22 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

For heavens sake give it a rest. Do you know how boring you are being.

Oh never mind *PLONK*

[snip]

Now wasn't that fun? Frank vented, you vented, and then you got to
advertize loudly that you have "plonked" him. I think you should thank
Frank.

Who is this Frank of which you speak?

[Franz Heymann]

Sorry Franz! I failed speedreading but I just keep *trying.*

Old 07-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Ophelia

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

For heavens sake give it a rest. Do you know how boring you are

being.

Not nearly as boring as seeing continued top posting.
If you think it boring to remind others of good manners, then so be it.

Oh never mind *PLONK*

I bet you did not plonk me.

[Franz Heymann]

Perhaps she's gone for a drink?

Grin

Old 07-08-2003, 06:22 PM
K30a

Question.
If this post was cross posted in the first place, Anne mentioned several
gardening groups it showed up on... is it still being cross posted?
I'm posting on rec.ponds here.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...ors/index.html
Old 07-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Anne Lurie

Unless you take care to remove the extraneous groups, any "group reply" will
go to all the groups that received the post to which you are replying.

You can tell by looking closely at the To: list for each message. These
things can really deteriorate fast because suddenly posters of a particular
group are seeing posts from strangers, etc., and so on.

To confuse this issue even more, we've suddenly picked up another "anne"
(gasp!) here in rec.ponds!

What's the big complaint about top posting, anyway? Unless there are
multiple parts to debate, it makes a *lot* more sense to me -- at least
it's much easier to figure exactly who the current poster is.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 07-08-2003, 07:04 PM
K30a

Anne wrote Unless you take care to remove the extraneous groups, any "group
reply" will
go to all the groups

Hmmmm. Primitive AOL doesn't seem to have a button for that (MAC on 5.0).
But it does say at the top that it is posting to rec.ponds and no other group
is listed.
I feel like we are eavesdropping on some other groups squabble. ;-)

Old 07-08-2003, 09:09 PM
K30a

BV wrote I think all top posters should be shot.

I've seen this complaint for years and don't know what it is? Is it when
everything ever written in a thread comes first and then the reply is waaaay
down there at the very end?

Old 08-08-2003, 12:46 AM
Nedra

Bottom posters just don't get read on my machine ;-)
Why should I scroll thru dozens of other posts to reply?
I have tagged onto the one I want to reply to.

I top post ... always!

So there, BV .... how do you post a tongue sticking out?
LOLOLOL!!

Nedra

Old 08-08-2003, 01:17 AM
Franz Heymann

s.com...

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

For heavens sake give it a rest. Do you know how boring you are

being.

Oh never mind *PLONK*

[snip]

Now wasn't that fun? Frank vented, you vented, and then you got to
advertize loudly that you have "plonked" him. I think you should thank
Frank.

Who is this Frank of which you speak?

[Franz Heymann]

Sorry Franz! I failed speedreading but I just keep *trying.*

No need to be sorry. :-))

[Franz Heymann]

Old 09-08-2003, 02:36 PM
john rutz

Nedra wrote:
Bottom posters just don't get read on my machine ;-)
Why should I scroll thru dozens of other posts to reply?
I have tagged onto the one I want to reply to.

I top post ... always!

So there, BV .... how do you post a tongue sticking out?
LOLOLOL!!

Nedra

thats why I always cut and leave what is pertinent to my answer so
dummys like me can figure out what Im talking about
ones that post an answer with no clue to which part of the thread they
are answering drive me nuts

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 09-08-2003, 02:36 PM
GrumpyAboutSpam

Does anyone else besides me think that Warren is the next unibomber in the making?

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

For heavens sake give it a rest. Do you know how boring you are being.

Oh never mind *PLONK*

Now wasn't that fun? Frank vented, you vented, and then you got to
advertize loudly that you have "plonked" him. I think you should thank
Frank.

Let me guess ...

*PLONK*

:-)

Gosh what fun

*PLONK*

Old 09-08-2003, 02:37 PM
BenignVanilla

Nedra...I think you missed my joke...in that, I TOP POSTED saying all top
posters should be shot. Irony?

BV./

link.net...

Old 09-08-2003, 02:37 PM
Nedra

Ohhhhhh!! I completely missed that. Yep, your joke flew right
over my head. Not an *unusual* thing to happen to me ;-)

Nedra

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
Nedra...I think you missed my joke...in that, I TOP POSTED saying all top
posters should be shot. Irony?

BV./

link.net...