Old 11-08-2003, 06:08 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Gardening - test

Bottom posting /after good snipping/ is only polite but most
folks apparently don't wish to be polite. This wish is compounded by
Microsoft 'newsreaders' that give you a prompt at the top. Bad form,
still. Cybe R. Wizard

I'm not sure if it's always rudeness or not knowing how to use their
editing features on their keyboards correctly. I'm curious, how many people
on here all know how to do a block highlight and delete? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 11-08-2003, 02:04 PM
mad

i'm with you, anne lurie. i would think that top-posting was definitely
better. oh well...
mad
--
Two vultures board an airplane, each one carrying two dead raccoons.
The stewardess looks at them and says, "I'm sorry, gentlemen, only

From: "Anne Lurie"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 17:41:36 GMT
Subject: Gardening - test

Unless you take care to remove the extraneous groups, any "group reply" will
go to all the groups that received the post to which you are replying.

You can tell by looking closely at the To: list for each message. These
things can really deteriorate fast because suddenly posters of a particular
group are seeing posts from strangers, etc., and so on.

To confuse this issue even more, we've suddenly picked up another "anne"
(gasp!) here in rec.ponds!

What's the big complaint about top posting, anyway? Unless there are
multiple parts to debate, it makes a *lot* more sense to me -- at least
it's much easier to figure exactly who the current poster is.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"K30a" wrote in message

Question.
If this post was cross posted in the first place, Anne mentioned several
gardening groups it showed up on... is it still being cross posted?
I'm posting on rec.ponds here.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...ors/index.html

Old 11-08-2003, 02:04 PM
mad

LOLOL
mad
--
) ( ) (
/ \

)\ _---_ /(
/ O O \
_ \ / _
------/_\------(_)------/_\----

From: "BenignVanilla"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 14:16:51 -0400

I think all top posters should be shot.

BV.

.com...

Old 11-08-2003, 02:04 PM
mad

nedra--like this: :-P
mad
--
I wouldn't be paranoid if everyone didn't pick on me...

From: "Nedra"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 20:47:28 GMT

Bottom posters just don't get read on my machine ;-)
Why should I scroll thru dozens of other posts to reply?
I have tagged onto the one I want to reply to.

I top post ... always!

So there, BV .... how do you post a tongue sticking out?
LOLOLOL!!

Nedra

"K30a" wrote in message
BV wrote I think all top posters should be shot.

I've seen this complaint for years and don't know what it is? Is it when
everything ever written in a thread comes first and then the reply is

waaaay
down there at the very end?

Old 11-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Cybe R. Wizard

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:00:22 -0700, ~ jan JJsPond. us wrote:

... Bad form, still.
Cybe R. Wizard

I'm not sure if it's always rudeness or not knowing how to use their
editing features on their keyboards correctly. I'm curious, how many people
on here all know how to do a block highlight and delete? ~
jan

I like the block highlight and reply feature on your reader. It's a
feature that has been copied in my own newsreader (Sylpheed-claws) and
makes snipping very easy. Just highlight the text to which you wish to
reply, hit 'reply', and everything else is snipped for you. Good job,
Forte!

Cybe -posting from Pan right now to test it's new feature set.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:24 AM
Anne Lurie

I've always *tried* to be careful & diligent when snipping -- and in some
newsgroups, I swear I'm the only one who thinks of snipping! -- but I'm
not sure which is worse: no snipping at all or snipping that leaves poster
& post mismatched.

I can't tell you how many times I've been credited (or not!) with other
people's posts.

In the meantime, I'll continue to top post -- after all, you can at least
see it there!

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 12-08-2003, 04:43 PM
mad

nope--just lazy...
mad

From: "Cybe R. Wizard"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 20:05:22 GMT

Bottom posting /after good snipping/ is only polite but most
folks apparently don't wish to be polite.

--
"He inherited some good instincts from his Quaker forebears,
but by diligent hard work, he overcame them."

Old 12-08-2003, 04:43 PM
mad

From: ~ jan JJsPond.us
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:00:22 -0700

how many people
on here all know how to do a block highlight and delete? ~ jan

i do--- LOL
mad

--
Music is the art of thinking with sounds.

Old 13-08-2003, 07:43 PM
mad

i belong to a mailing list where some of the posters post the whole
digest-list when answering one question. seems that no matter how often
someone reminds them they use up a whole 'volume' of the digest just
answering one question. now THATS annonying!
mad
--
Diaper backwards spells repaid. Think about it.
Marshall McLuhan

Old 14-08-2003, 01:42 AM
Brent Casey

"JennyC" wrote in message ...
"Rusty Hinge" wrote .
contains these words:

Hum. Pruning spammers and trolls? On which parts shall we begin?
Rusty

Oh certainly a flame thrower on the trolls methinks :~)
Jenny

Hey