Old 15-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Did roofliner make your fish sick?

We have gone round and round on the subject of roof vs pond liners. Among
our number, there must be a bunch of users of roofing liner. How about
weighing in?

Phyllis and I have roof liner for two of our smaller ponds and for the
streams. No toxicity we can detect.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley

Old 15-08-2003, 10:11 PM
Priscilla McCullough

How long have you had your pond and is it a certain brand liner?
Priss
"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in
message .. .

Old 16-08-2003, 03:22 AM
Mickey

I am not sure of the brand but I bought the 45 mill stuff from Menards. Used
the glue for doing roofs for the 30 foot seam and the only fish that died my
first year of ponding has been the ones that were small and got sucked into
the filter. OOOPS

Old 16-08-2003, 03:42 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Our liner has been in for four years. It is standard roofing liner. Don't
remember the brand. We used roofing cement to do the joints and drains (20'
of joint and 4 drains).
Ponds are 3900 gallons total.

Old 16-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Cleveland Ponder

I used 45 mil roofing material purchased from a local roofing
materials supplier. 40' x 50' piece. Just hosed it off before
installing. It has been 4 years now and I have never lost a fish with
the exception of the one that got to the pump.

Old 16-08-2003, 04:32 PM

2 ponds since 1994, no toxicity. Ingrid

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote:

We have gone round and round on the subject of roof vs pond liners. Among
our number, there must be a bunch of users of roofing liner. How about
weighing in?

Phyllis and I have roof liner for two of our smaller ponds and for the
streams. No toxicity we can detect.

Jim

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 17-08-2003, 02:14 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Thus far, no toxic roof liner. The other post seems to have a similar
result. That makes it about 8 to 0 for non-toxic experience with roofliner.

Does anyone know of any post that suggested the roof liner made fish sick?

I remember a few years ago someone remarked on seeing the plant where the
two edpm liners are made...difference, they said, was the wrapper and width.
I am prepared to believe it.

Old 18-08-2003, 03:56 AM
Ted

I found a local manufacturer of EDPM that was designed for containment ponds
around the tanks they store gas, etc. in. I used that and have no
problems....

Lisa