Old 22-08-2003, 06:11 AM
rlb827

Default Randy's sea of tranquility

Hello all. I have completed my pond this year and would like to share it
with you. I thouroughly enjoy it and I welcome all comments and questions.

See it here
http://home.comcast.net/~rlb82751/ws...ome.html-.html
Your fellow ponder
Randy

Old 22-08-2003, 06:11 AM
joe

Randy,

Great job, that does look tranquil

Joe

Old 22-08-2003, 06:11 AM
Karen Mullen

great looking pond Randy, nice job. Ponds do create a sense of transquility
don't they.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Old 23-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Anne Lurie

Nice work, Randy!

I especially enjoyed the juxtaposition of the sun & the moon! (Before I
start a firestorm of controversy here, I'm referring to the "setting sun"
motif and the name "Sea of Tranquility" or "Mare Tranquillitatis" where man
first set foot on the moon
http://www.spaceimaging.com/gallery/...hive/00-07-17/)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 25-08-2003, 05:12 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Really nice. What is the plant in the first picture that looks about to
flower with a large spike? ~ jan

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 01:18:35 GMT, "rlb827" wrote:

Hello all. I have completed my pond this year and would like to share it
with you. I thouroughly enjoy it and I welcome all comments and questions.

See it here
http://home.comcast.net/~rlb82751/ws...ome.html-.html
Your fellow ponder
Randy

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 26-08-2003, 03:42 AM
rlb827

Jan

Thanks for the comment. However, you have exposed me as a fraud. The
plant you are referring to is not real. I don't even know what it is. It was
laying around the house and one day I just stuck it in the water lilly pot
for a little height in the middle of the pond and lo and behold there it
stayed. I assure you everything else in and around the pond is real...except
for my artificial boulders. Sorry, don't hate me and my pond because of a
little fake flower (chuckle).

By the way, I looked at your pond sight and was very impressed.

Randy

s.com...

Old 26-08-2003, 04:14 AM
K30a

Randy wrote The
plant you are referring to is not real.

This reminds me of a field trip Jan, friend Bonnie and I took one spring out to
a pond at a farm. Really neat pond, there was a bridge to an island where a big
willow tree stood.
On the opposite bank was a huge bunch of yellow iris and in the middle of the
yellow iris was one lone purple iris.
Turns out it was a fake also. The pond owner's daughter got married the
previous summer, long after the yellow iris were blooming so he stocked the
foliage with fake purple iris and this one flower remained.
The bride and groom crossed the bridge and got married under the willow on the
'island'.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html
Old 27-08-2003, 04:03 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Randy wrote The plant you are referring to is not real.

This reminds me of a field trip Jan, friend Bonnie and I took one spring out to
a pond at a farm. Really neat pond, there was a bridge to an island where a big
willow tree stood.... K30a

It also reminds me of the article K30 & I did, "On Bonnie's Pond". I was in
charge of pictures, so once the pond was completed and plants were put in,
we needed a blooming lily. My vivid pink rose was blooming, so I took a
bloom off it and placed in the middle of the lily pads. In the picture no
one was the wiser. ;o) Great minds?

Btw Randy, thanks for visiting my website. ;o) ~ jan