Old 01-09-2003, 11:42 AM
-keevill-

Default Swimming Pond advice

I am building a house and would like to build a swimmig pond and I'm
looking for some advice/ resources for basic design of this. The house is in
SE Asia in hot and humid climate and the approximate size will be 8mts x
4mts. What sort of depth and many other basic questions need answering.

Old 02-09-2003, 12:02 AM
Anne Lurie

Bob,

8 meters x 4 meters may be small for a swimming pool, but it's not small for
a pond, IMHO!

In any event, I emailed Keevill privately to try to determine whether he
really wants a swimming pool or a pond, and I'll try to give him some
guidance to websites if I hear from him. (and of course, I pointed him
toward Google!)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Bob Adkins" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 17:35:23 +0700, "-keevill-"

wrote:

I am building a house and would like to build a swimmig pond and I'm
looking for some advice/ resources for basic design of this. The house is

in
SE Asia in hot and humid climate and the approximate size will be 8mts x
4mts. What sort of depth and many other basic questions need answering.

A pond this small will need to be concrete or bricks, with an apron made

of
same. A filtration and chlorination system will also be needed.

Bob

Old 02-09-2003, 03:03 AM
-keevill-

Hello Anne and others,

I live in Thailand and I came across the idea of a swimming pond as opposed
to a swimming pool a few reasons.Cost much lower, no need to use chlorine
and therefore the pool could keep fish and plants as well as providing a
place to cool off and enjoy swimming / feeding with the fish. A natural way
of playing in the water for myself and family. We are not interested in
building a swimming pool with all the costs for the few occasions we want to
play in the water.
I found a few links.
http://www.swimmingponds.co.uk/
http://naturalpools.co.uk/
Seems a nice concept but I would love to talk to some folks with experience
of building/using one.
-keevill-

. com...

Old 02-09-2003, 03:02 PM
-keevill-

I can tell you it's an entirely new concept to me but it seems to make sense
so pls can someone give me input...
Thx,

"Bob Adkins" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 23:00:01 GMT, "Anne Lurie" wrote:

Bob,

8 meters x 4 meters may be small for a swimming pool, but it's not small

for
a pond, IMHO!

In any event, I emailed Keevill privately to try to determine whether he
really wants a swimming pool or a pond, and I'll try to give him some
guidance to websites if I hear from him. (and of course, I pointed him
toward Google!)

Anne,

That's a new concept to me. I didn't realize he intended to swim with the
fishes!

Makes perfect sense though. Only problem I can foresee is stirring up muck
on the bottom.

Bob

Swimming pool filter, any use for a pond Roy Ponds 3 08-09-2004 05:40 AM
Swimming pool filter, any use for a pond Roy Ponds 1 06-09-2004 12:26 AM
Swimming pond Nesdon Ponds 6 02-04-2004 12:19 AM
Swimming pond Nesdon Ponds 0 30-03-2004 05:10 AM
swimming pool heater for pond Dennis Ponds 4 13-09-2003 05:22 PM