Old 17-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Lydia

Default floating liner

I think this is one of those recurring questions that I don't remember the
solution for... My newborn pond is bloating! The constant Western
Washington winter rains have started and water is collecting under the pond
making the liner bubble. What do I do? Any websites you can point me to?

Thanks,
Lydia

Old 17-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Iain Miller

"Lydia" wrote in message
I think this is one of those recurring questions that I don't remember the
solution for... My newborn pond is bloating! The constant Western
Washington winter rains have started and water is collecting under the

pond
making the liner bubble. What do I do? Any websites you can point me to?

Basically you have to drain the excess water away......you can do this by
either digging some kind of soak away under the pond or, in extreme cases,
you have to build a chamber under the liner with a pump in it that switches
on & off based on the level of water in the chamber...some kind of float
switch. Is your pond completely "in ground" - is the land its on flat, is
there anywhere for the water to go?

I.

Old 17-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Lydia

"Iain Miller" wrote in message

Basically you have to drain the excess water away......you can do this by
either digging some kind of soak away under the pond or, in extreme cases,
you have to build a chamber under the liner with a pump in it that

switches
on & off based on the level of water in the chamber...some kind of float
switch. Is your pond completely "in ground" - is the land its on flat, is
there anywhere for the water to go?

I.

The pond is completely in ground. We have about a foot of good topsoil and
then after that is tough clay-like fill dirt so I don't think .... well
obviously.... it drains very well. The yard is sloped eeeeeeeever so
slightly down away from our house. At the back of the yard is a 5 foot rock
wall. Beyond that is woods and further beyond is wetlands.

Thanks for the help,
Lydia

Old 17-10-2003, 08:12 PM
KenCo

Lydia wrote:

I think this is one of those recurring questions that I don't remember the
solution for... My newborn pond is bloating! The constant Western
Washington winter rains have started and water is collecting under the pond
making the liner bubble. What do I do? Any websites you can point me to?

Thanks,
Lydia

you need to raise the pond edge about 6" so it
will have more down pressure to keep the water
from "under" the liner.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced
Old 21-10-2003, 06:32 AM
MooKitty

Thanks very much. For now, until we get a dry day to do some good digging,
we've fished a short hose down to the bottom under the liner and attached it
to a little pump that pumps the water out. This is DEFINITELY a short term
solution. I don't want to squat out there for an hour every night after
work getting drenched trying to drain the pond!

Thanks again for helping!
Lydia

"KenCo" wrote in message
Lydia wrote:

[...]

Non-floating Plants Floating Root BB[_3_] Ponds (moderated) 9 29-07-2008 12:18 AM
Floating Plant's Floating roots? BB[_3_] Ponds (moderated) 8 04-07-2008 09:22 PM
Floating Liner Xspect Ponds 3 23-09-2005 09:26 AM
Floating liner danrahan Ponds 2 12-08-2003 03:10 AM
Floating liner?!?!?!?! Sue Alexandre Ponds 6 30-05-2003 04:20 PM