Old 12-11-2003, 11:32 PM
Nathan

Default Perch and bass for a small pond

Can you put perch and bass in a very small pond like a 125 gallon? If
so, how many? About 3 perch and 2 bass sound good?

Nathan
Old 13-11-2003, 12:22 AM
joe

Don't bass get bigger than Koi? I don't think you could put one Koi in that
size pond. Unless you just want to keep them fresh for a week before dinner.

Joe

Old 14-11-2003, 10:42 PM
Anne Lurie

Nathan,

I hate to sound flippant, but I think that some bass boats have live wells
that are larger than 125 gallons -- and that's only for keeping the bass
alive long enough to be weighed before being released.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

om...

Old 17-11-2003, 03:42 AM

Small Ones

Aquarium rule of thumb is 1" of fish per gallon of water. Each inch of
larger fish like these count as 2". Your biggest issue is dealing with the
waste, ammonium and nitrates. Take it slow, and let the pond mature (cycle)
before you start putting large fish in it.

JOhn :-)

"Nathan" wrote in message
om...
Can you put perch and bass in a very small pond like a 125 gallon? If
so, how many? About 3 perch and 2 bass sound good?

Nathan

Nurturing Nests Lift These Birds to a Higher Perch charles Garden Photos 2 01-02-2011 10:26 AM
Male hummingbird on perch Padraig Garden Photos 4 10-12-2006 10:12 PM
Perch for small pond Nathan Ponds 2 07-07-2004 10:02 AM
Perch Lord Fonty Ponds (alternative) 2 30-06-2004 03:10 PM
Rosey reds vs. baby bass Sam Hopkins Ponds 3 23-08-2003 03:02 AM