Old 29-11-2003, 09:02 PM
mad

Default Turkey Day

i glad 'they' keep thanksgiving down to a dull roar, so to speak. but. a
friend of mine has a gift shop and she sells rhinestone costume jewelry
pins. i have bought most of the angels, christmas trees, a santa and a star.
this year she had a witch and a ghost, which i also got. i wanted a turkey
pin and the supplier didn't have one. i have a plastic hallmark turkey pin
that i've had for years and its the only decent thanksgiving pin i have
found.
then, there are the beanie baby turkeys--5 of them so far and nary a pilgrim
in sight!
mad
--
"Tact is the ability to describe others as they see
themselves."

From: ~ jan JJsPond.us
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 11:50:57 -0800
Subject: Turkey Day

Before Thanksgiving!!! We were seeing it before Halloween!!!!
PlainBill

What amazes me is how unCapitalized Thanksgiving is. Aisles are given to
Halloween, decor, costumes and candy, no sooner is it over than Xmas moves
in and one has to really hunt to find something turkeyish. I've yet to find
a safe yet decorative candle holder for Thanksgiving that I like.... course
I shop the cheaper shops.... oh wait, I hardly shop anymore except for
essentials. ;o)

Looking forward to Xmas anyway. Even have the guys putting the lights up on
the outside today (so they've promised) I shouldn't say anything till it
happens. ~ jan
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 29-11-2003, 09:04 PM
mad

my family decided to do this just this year, AFTER i have spent all year
gathering up presents for everyone. i'm going to give everyone their gifts
anyway. they can all go jump in the spiral honey-glazed christmas ham if
they don't like it. :-D i like doing it.
mad
--
A mind stretched to a new idea never returns to its
original shape.

From: "tdreeves"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 13:11:12 -0700

Boy I'm really cheap, all our friends and family draw names at Thanksgiving
and we set a $10 to $15 dollar limit for Christmas gifts. It's more just a
fun thing rather than who can out spend the other. Of course Santa comes to
the little ones. Kc
wrote in message
all this stuff out in the stores just puts me right off shopping (not that

I need
much of a push as I hate shopping). every year they hype how wonderful

sales are
doing then after they say what a disaster. on the news they say people

spend average
of 1800 per person to make everyone feel cheap? but I dont spend more

than $300 on
gifts for friends and family. this year they qualify that with people

buying things
for the house, etc. so I guess any money spent between halloween and Xmas

counts?
Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 29-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Ka30P

Dear daughter and I just did the lights.
Hard to tell how we did until it gets dark
out and we can see our artistic effort!
But who can turn down the opportunity
of 50 degree weather!

ka30p
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html
Old 29-11-2003, 10:02 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 14:54:16 -0600, mad wrote:

i glad 'they' keep thanksgiving down to a dull roar, so to speak.

I definitely am shopping the wrong stores, Thanksgiving is more a peep, not
even a gobble, nothing even close to a dull roar. ;o)

I'm about ready to faint, my guys are actually DOING the lights. My hubby
has rarely helped, and my son has even begged off the last couple of years.
I getting good bang for the omelettes I cooked them this morning. ;o) ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 03-12-2003, 07:02 AM
THE Old Man

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 03:45:40 GMT, "Cybe R. Wizard"
Cybe_R_Wizard@WizardsTower wrote:

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 19:50:31 -0600
Bob Adkins wrote:

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 14:59:19 GMT, "Cybe R. Wizard"
Cybe_R_Wizard@WizardsTower wrote:

Bite your tongue! The most important is July 4.
More important that all the rest together.

Hey, I agree! I was just stating the amount of preparation and
celebrating that goes into each by the average American.

Bob

Too right. Before long the Fourth will only be known as the time
Christmas stuff comes out in the stores. ;-}

Cybe R. Wizard

I worked for a finance company in Dallas back in the mid 60s and we
had a GREAT BIG AD CAMPAIGN = CHRISTMAS IN JULY. This was to lend
money to people to pay for last Christmas or to shop ahead for next
Christmas. Sometimes you still see some ads from various stores about
Christmas in July. BAH HUMBUG!!!

Due to the big size of the World MultiConference in Izmir - Turkey, we added one more day in the eve WSEAS Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Plant Biology 0 30-06-2004 05:10 PM
OT Conversations during Turkey Day ~ jan JJsPond.us Ponds 9 02-12-2003 08:02 PM
real story of Turkey Day KenCo Ponds 1 29-11-2003 02:12 PM
OT perfect turkey ;) KenCo Ponds 0 27-11-2003 12:32 AM
Brown Turkey figs? Jane Edible Gardening 6 05-02-2003 03:11 AM