Old 31-01-2004, 05:32 PM
john rutz

Default Paging Nedra!

Nedra wrote:
That will be plenty of water, Lee. Mine only have about 5 or 6
inches water over the dirt. Depends alot on how hot it gets. Just
so they aren't too deep.

Your pet mourning dove sounds soooo lovely. I know it did
hurt when she failed to show up
I've been wondering how I could tame one... it would have to
do the selecting. I have a huge flock that stays by the lotus
pond all year long.
The squirrels are such a hoot - they know as soon as I open
the door to skoot away from the bird feeders.
I have squirrel feeders all
over but they would rather have bird seed.. lol

Nedra
.

ahhhh this brings back memories,,, waaaaay back when I was about 9 or
10 A wild burrowing owl used to hang around the house, after a while I
had it comming to me for bits of meat this lasted all summer, it never
came back the next spring

John Rutz

Old 31-01-2004, 07:17 PM
Ka30P

Nedra wrote The squirrels are such a hoot

Our squirrel is now so bold that he sits in
the bird feeder chowing down on sun flower
seeds while the labrador girls fling themselves
at the sliding glass door barking and hollering
at him and he doesn't turn a hair as he knows
they can't get at him and I won't let them out
until he's back in the fir tree.

kathy 30acre :-)

Old 31-01-2004, 09:04 PM
Nedra

LOLOLOL!!! Kathy you do have a wonderfully funny
way with words. I can just see the scene at your house :O)

Nedra

Old 31-01-2004, 10:50 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I have a squirrel feeder that the squirrels are suppose to open from the
top and reach in to take the food out. It has a plexiglass front so I can
see the food level. One windy day one of the littler squirrels figured out
he could just jump in and close the door, yet watch for anything suspicious
thru the glass. Pretty amusing. ~ jan

Nedra wrote The squirrels are such a hoot

Our squirrel is now so bold that he sits in
the bird feeder chowing down on sun flower
seeds while the labrador girls fling themselves
at the sliding glass door barking and hollering
at him and he doesn't turn a hair as he knows
they can't get at him and I won't let them out
until he's back in the fir tree.

kathy 30acre :-)

Paging Dr Solo - Help - Sick Fish dkat Ponds 1 28-05-2004 06:04 AM
Paging Dr Solo - Help - Sick Fish dkat Ponds (alternative) 1 28-05-2004 06:02 AM
Paging Jammer... Pond Newbie Ponds 7 06-04-2004 09:22 PM
Paging Jammer... Pond Newbie Ponds 0 01-04-2004 08:15 PM
OT paging SHANNIE! Darkginger United Kingdom 0 06-07-2003 10:51 AM