Old 13-02-2004, 03:51 PM

Default FS misc.

EXACTLY. Who has the better lawyer and did more of their homework before they even
filed. Like men hide assets, women may have a PI following errant husbands with a
camera.
In any case, 5 years after a divorce 75% of men are paying no support, not even child
support. And women are consistently much worse off as a "whole" after divorce. If
there are children women usually take time off and they were in a worse financial
situation anyway. Women still arent equal in earning ability, not by a long shot. I
have a friend who married a guy, got his house out of bankruptcy, fixed it up, moved
her furniture in and rented her own place. well he went back to drugs, she got a
divorce, he got the house she fixed up for him, all the furniture and she had to pay
him support for a year. he never did work while they were married (OK, it was a very
short marriage) and she was the one bringing in the money. So how fair is that. so
when a woman makes more than a man, she will get the short end of the stick too.
So why did she marry him, well she is religious and loved him and thought he needed a
second chance.
I think most women are more capable of raising small children. not all, most. and I
dont see that changing much. so women are going to get the house, they are going to
get child support.
Feminists, OTOH, like my cousin, has one ex and another who is the father of her
second child and she has made sure both fathers are totally involved with the kids,
even to her financial detriment (she is a PhD physiologist) by remaining where both
girls spend a great deal of time with their fathers. Feminists dont need men for
financial support. Women who talk equality and run from it the minute life gets
tough are not feminists. Ingrid

BTC/TAK on ACK" wrote:
You know, I hope, that usually boils down to who has the "better" lawyer far
more than male/female issues. Many women have legal horror stories too.

"Just Me \"Koi\"" wrote:
I am in no way an expert, except for one thing, when you get screwed by the
legal system as I was, just because I am the man and my ex was the woman, it
becomes very difficult to think in terms of equality. Not because I think
women are inferior, but because I know that the system pre-judges men as
being evil and guilty.
I even twitch anytime I hear women's right, feminist, and other similar
words. Heck I can barely contain myself when I hear those words, if not for
the consequence of permanent incarceration in an asylum, I will give in to
the temptation to rip off all my clothes and run down the middle of the
highway screaming! (Ugly picture if I may say)

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 13-02-2004, 06:50 PM
joe

Wow, now there's the oldest cliché in print.

Joe

On 2/12/04 2:29 PM, " wrote:

Men have this funny idea that they can screw anything that holds still and
there are no consequences cause they been doing it for thousands of years and
never had to pay the consequences. Women, of course, had to pay all the
consequences when they screwed around and got pregnant.