Old 11-02-2004, 04:07 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default FS misc.

You whimp! You quickly took the easy way out!
Afraid of the women hey?

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message snip. And just
to be clear, we were
argueing FOR women's rights, and equality, not against.

BV.

Old 11-02-2004, 01:46 PM
BenignVanilla

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
You whimp! You quickly took the easy way out!
Afraid of the women hey?

snip

Yes. I am married, so women scare me. I know when I am beat. LOL.

Seriously, in reality we (Another guy and me) argueing the side of equality
with no preference to race, sex, color, religion, hair style, etc. It became
feminist topic because we were discussing the 14 year old girl playing on
the PGA. We simply stated that if the women can play on the "Men's" tour
then the men should be able to play on the "Women's" tour.

I personally do not care what anyone does as long as it does not hurt other
people. Be gay. Be Hetero. Smoke crack. I don't care.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 12-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Nedra

Oh Good Grief, Ingrid!! I don't "hate" in the way you mean
"hate".... let's just say that I dislike the feminist movement.

Nedra

wrote in message
I am lucky that way, neither my mother or her mother bought into the

"women are weak,
stupid, etc." mythology perpetrated by the patriarchy. Maybe cause they

came from
strong sound peasant stock. So by the time I came along and was part of

the 60's
battle to obtain more equality for women my mother and grandmother were

right behind
me encouraging me and not jealous of all the opportunities that were open

to me and
not them. Altho my mother was able to finish her masters and become a

social worker,
a not completely menial career even tho it was one of the few open to

women. But I
really think the greatest advantage I had was their tolerance of others

not like
them. As a result I didnt grow up hating "groups" of people who looked,

thought or
felt differently from me. Rather, those people became a source that saw

the world
thru different eyes and I found that when I got to share that vision, my

life was
enriched.
I am proud that I am third generation feminist. We are strong, useful

human beings
who stand up for ourselves, for all humanity and can now contribute to

society in the
fullest measure according to our abilities and unlimited by the bonds of

slavery,
religion, or patriarchy that our foremothers suffered under for

millennium. I am so
happy I met and married my soul mate, a second generation feminist and

similarly
unfettered by the bonds of being the "master" so he too can pursue all the

rich
offerings and interests of life without being fettered by "roles". Our

choice of
each other was not out of need, neither economic nor a need to complete an
incomplete, rather two mature and complete individuals who relished and

rejoiced in
our differences. As my DH says, life is never boring. Needless to say,

Yentl is
one of my favorite movies. Ingrid

"Nedra" wrote:
I was afraid it had something to do with Dept. of Children.
Damned ole fools! I hate most women (feminists)
and this is why.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 12-02-2004, 11:26 PM

I certainly thought that is what marriage was considering it isnt legal unless you
get the paperwork at city hall, you have people who witness it, there is no
requirement for any kind of religious input and the papers gotta be filed at city
hall. when this legal arrangement is broken one goes to court, not your local
religious institution and in fact, your rabbi or priest can deny the divorce but the
individuals can legally get divorced and when remarried are not committing bigamy in
the eyes of the law.

I think the easiest thing to do is establish a partnership agreement, give it the
identical rights and responsibilities of "marriage" but make the tax bite the same as
two single people see how fast everyone goes for this rather than "marriage".
Ingrid

"BTC/TAK on ACK" wrote:
Personally I think "a
legal union with the same rights and responsibilities as marriage" when I
hear it discussed, and use that terminology when I discuss it... it seems to
"push peoples' buttons" less, and people seem more open to level-headed
discussions.
Mila

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 12-02-2004, 11:27 PM

Offbreed wrote:
It isn't everywhere. It's a lesbian superiority or female superiority
movement in some places, especially colleges.

...... so you going to hate all feminists and/or the women's movement cause a few men
or women got weird notions? excuse me, but there are hoards of people belonging to
various religious groups I think got REALLY REALLY weird notions but it isnt like I
am anti-christian. how in the world can what perfect strangers ( a few women at some
college) think about anything twist your shorts? I mean (no disrespect intended)...
if you got time to worry about what some dipshits are thinking about 1000 miles away
I need a new pond dug. I mean are these real people you know think these strange
thoughts or somebody yanking your chain or is this what somebody is telling you to
get em to vote for you or maybe give em some money to fight this kinda thought?

Double standards are common, and easier to see if you were male.

.... again, are you talking personal experience or quoting what somebody told you? and
do you really know for a fact that any of this is true? the reason I ask this is
there are a lot of people "know" what really happened when that elderly woman sued
McDonalds over spilled hot coffee, but in reality a great urban myth has been
constructed and THE BIG LIE sold to the american public to get em really ****ed off
at personal injury lawyers so it is easier to yank voters chains.
....look, there is my mothers generation that were sold the myth of "get married, have
kids and some man will take care of you", they were kicked outta their jobs after the
war and told to go home and take care of kids, house, husband... they were prevented
from getting any kind of education, dissuaded from thinking about their lives and
careers. So what you wanna do... dump em all on the street and yell "gotcha"?
.... my generation was in transition. some dreamed and worked towards their careers
and others were still being sold the "get married, have kids yadda yadda"
... younger generations (baby boomers kids) the girls gotta know they are going to
work for the rest of their life, no Donna Reed crapola.

... if there is one unequal area it is the draft. Altho we dont have a draft now so
it is a moot point.

The word of a woman is accepted over a man's (domestic abuse cases, especially).

..... you are expecting justice. That is another myth you have swallowed, the only
justice is what you can pay for and for most of history women and children werent
even "people" so they had no access to justice at all. For how many thousands of
years has it been the RIGHT of men to beat and killed their wives and children?
excuse me.. reality check here. OJ beat and murdered his wife and walked. Most
women arent talking about the beatings they take. It is a horribly under reported
crime just like child beating and abuse.
.... let one man get the shaft and right away it is the case and not the exception.
too bad. Now that we have DNA testing we are finding how many PEOPLE are in jail or
on death row that are INNOCENT. I would say that is a whole lot bigger injustice
than some man paying to take care of some kid. Consider that 75% of men NEVER pay
support for their children after a divorce and THE REST OF THE CITIZENS, men and
women are paying to take care of their kids.

The average man is a social retard and the average woman
can fool him most of the time, long enough to get married, anyhow.)

.... uhhhh... now who is making vast generalizations?

It's no wonder men in California are marriage shy. They are afraid
they will end up impoverished the rest of their lives.

... there is no reason at all that men cant 1. keep it zipped and/or 2. draw up a
pre-nup before they end up in the sack. Men have this funny idea that they can screw
anything that holds still and there are no consequences cause they been doing it for
thousands of years and never had to pay the consequences. Women, of course, had to
pay all the consequences when they screwed around and got pregnant.

Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 13-02-2004, 12:47 AM
Offbreed

wrote:

Offbreed wrote:

It isn't everywhere. It's a lesbian superiority or female superiority
movement in some places, especially colleges.

so you going to hate all feminists and/or the women's movement cause a few men

What's with the "hate" accusation? I am in favor of *equality*.

And the "strange notions of people 1,000 miles away" are a big pain in
the ass to people living in Alaska, where we have so much federal
land. Bad example on your part. (Idiot "condo conservationists".
Tortoise in California endangered? Add a wildlife refuge, in Alaska.
Swamp mouse endangered in Florida? Add a wildlife refuge, in Alaska.
Elephants endangered in Africa? Add a wildlife refuge, in Alaska.)

Who teaches the children? Teachers.

Where do teachers learn what to teach? College.

So, what's wrong with what they are learning in College?
For starters:
http://studentsforacademicfreedom.org/

You want also cites for teachers dumping on male students, every bit
as bad and unjust as the way male teachers dumped on female students?

Does the latter justify the former? Equality or retribution?

Double standards are common, and easier to see if you were male.

again, are you talking personal experience or quoting what somebody told you?

Oh, yes, personal experience. Especially when I lived in Juneau,
Alaska and attended college there. As I said "easier to see if you
were male".

The word of a woman is accepted over a man's (domestic abuse cases, especially).

.... you are expecting justice. That is another myth you have swallowed, the only
justice is what you can pay for and for most of history women and children werent

So, do you want equal treatment, justice, or a chance at retribution
against an entire (uhm?) ethnic group?

The average man is a social retard and the average woman
can fool him most of the time, long enough to get married, anyhow.)

... uhhhh... now who is making vast generalizations?

Have you been keeping up with recent research on the subject of
differences in male/female brains and minds? Generally, women and
homosexual men have superior social skills.

It's no wonder men in California are marriage shy. They are afraid
they will end up impoverished the rest of their lives.

.. there is no reason at all that men cant 1. keep it zipped

G They are, or else playing the "sexual liberation" game so they can
get laid without getting married. And this means there is an excess of
single women over 30 who want to settle down, and cannot find anyone
to marry.

and/or 2. draw up a pre-nup before they end up in the sack.

Smartest move, I expect to see a good deal more of this.

Men have this funny idea that they can screw
anything that holds still and there are no consequences cause they been doing it for
thousands of years and never had to pay the consequences.

"now who is making vast generalizations?"

But:
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-dac102203.php

Women, of course, had to
pay all the consequences when they screwed around and got pregnant.

You left out rape and prostitution due to economic factors, but
....Equal treatment, justice, or a chance at retribution?

Note also the eureka link, re "cads and dads".

Old 13-02-2004, 03:26 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Ingrid,

I am in no way an expert, except for one thing, when you get screwed by the
legal system as I was, just because I am the man and my ex was the woman, it
becomes very difficult to think in terms of equality. Not because I think
women are inferior, but because I know that the system pre-judges men as
being evil and guilty.

I am not in any way then justifying female bashing ( I have a mother, 2
sisters, a wife that I love dearly, and 3 daughters). I am just suggesting
to you that maybe those of us that have been in the receiving end may not be
as logical as you are expecting us to be.

I even twitch anytime I hear women's right, feminist, and other similar
words. Heck I can barely contain myself when I hear those words, if not for
the consequence of permanent incarceration in an asylum, I will give in to
the temptation to rip off all my clothes and run down the middle of the
highway screaming! (Ugly picture if I may say)

--
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 13-02-2004, 04:34 AM
BTC/TAK on ACK

... I am in no way an expert, except for one thing, when you get screwed by
the legal system...

You know, I hope, that usually boils down to who has the "better" lawyer far
more than male/female issues. Many women have legal horror stories too.