Old 28-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Ka30P

Default Bog Garden: Episode II

jj wrote how hard this is going to be to get
under control

There is no such thing as control, only staying
one step ahead of disaster!

kathy :-)
Old 28-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Bonnie

Ka30P wrote:
jj wrote how hard this is going to be to get
under control

There is no such thing as control, only staying
one step ahead of disaster!

kathy :-)

Hey, that's control in my book.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 29-02-2004, 08:03 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Ka30P wrote:
jj wrote how hard this is going to be to get
under control

There is no such thing as control, only staying
one step ahead of disaster!

Hey, that's control in my book. Bonnie

Ain't that the truth. Did a water change on the koi ponds today (time to
get the salt out before the plants start waking up) and caused a disaster.
Killed my small winter pump, as the auto shut off just slid down the pipe
as the water lowered and the pump in the filter kept pumping with no water
coming in. What should have been a 10 minute job (not counting the time to
pump down and refill) ended up being an hour. Had to pull out dead pump,
find & connect live pump, fittings were not interchangeable, of course.....
s ~ jan

~ jan

Old 29-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Hal

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 23:42:54 -0800, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

What should have been a 10 minute job (not counting the time to
pump down and refill) ended up being an hour. Had to pull out dead pump,
find & connect live pump, fittings were not interchangeable, of course.....
s ~ jan

Having fun already! I can't wait to get started!

Old 02-03-2004, 03:03 AM
john

BV when my pond is full the water in the koi pond and the veggie bog are
level, when i start pumpin 7200 gall an hour into the bog in drops the
pond about an inch,,,, so from pond to bog to pond ad infinitum

John R

Ka30P wrote:
BV wrotew

So do you circulate pond water into it?

We did.

How much? How fast?

There was a split in the pipe that led to the waterfall. We attached a black
flexible tube to it. Whatever went into that tube was the volume and the speed.
I think it would all be a function of how many holes you drilled in the tube,
if you capped the end or not. Which I can't remember if we did or not. Too much
water and too fast and you'd flood out the back for sure.

Is the bog above

the pond and does it drain back via gravity?
It is at the edge of the pond and just a wee bit above it.
Gravity took care of getting the water back.

Any more technical than that I'll have to turn you over to DH. ;-)

kathy :-)

Old 02-03-2004, 04:03 AM
john

Bonnie wrote:
Ka30P wrote:

jj wrote how hard this is going to be to get
under control

There is no such thing as control, only staying
one step ahead of disaster!

kathy :-)

Hey, that's control in my book.

back a 4wd pickup into the bog chain onto the plants and start pulling
worked for me

John Rutz

Old 02-03-2004, 07:21 PM
BenignVanilla

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Not to split hairs here, but a true bog shouldn't be used to filter a

pond.
A true bog is highly acidic and full of anaerobic bacteria, with little to
no water movement. Anything other than this is still a veggie filter, imo.

K30, I think you need to invite BV over to help clean up your over run bog
area. I don't think he got the point of how hard this is going to be to

get
under control and just saw how easy it was for you to creat it. ;o) ~ jan

snip

OK, I am convinced...I think the bog will become a seperate project...a new
"pond" so to speak.

BV.
www.iheartmpond.com

Old 04-03-2004, 10:37 AM
Ka30P

BV wrote
So do you circulate pond water into it?

We did.
How much? How fast?

There was a split in the pipe that led to the waterfall. We attached a black
flexible tube to it. Whatever went into that tube was the volume and the speed.
I think it would all be a function of how many holes you drilled in the tube,
if you capped the end or not. Which I can't remember if we did or not. Too much
water and too fast and you'd flood out the back for sure.

Is the bog above

the pond and does it drain back via gravity?
It is at the edge of the pond and just a wee bit above it.
Gravity took care of getting the water back.

Any more technical than that I'll have to turn you over to DH. ;-)

kathy :-)

Another episode of "CSI:Bonsai" Nina Bonsai 2 24-04-2006 09:32 PM
CSI:Bonsai, final exciting episode Nina Bonsai 5 19-08-2005 02:26 PM
[IBC] CSI:Bonsai, final exciting episode Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL Bonsai 0 18-08-2005 08:19 PM
CSI:Bonsai, episode 3 Nina Bonsai 0 17-08-2005 01:37 PM
My kribs have spawned again - episode II gizmo Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 24-10-2003 07:32 PM