Old 02-03-2004, 12:25 AM
matrix

Default Anyone using Permalon Liners?

Anyone using Permalon for your pond liner?
I am debating whether to go with Permalon or EDPM.

I will be using 2 old' -45 mil EDPM liners side by side as a protective
cushion and then lay the Permalon on top of it.
Anyone know how many years Permalon should last?

Old 02-03-2004, 03:45 AM
Nedra

I am using Permalon - but only in the Veggie Filters so far.
Kenco sells Permalon and the stats will astound you.
It is lightweight but very strong... stronger than EPMD..

Shipping charges wont be high either.

Kenco.... you anywhere out there?

Nedra in Missouri
zone 6

Old 02-03-2004, 04:42 AM
Paul Menashe

I have used permalon, it is pretty good in most respects, won't
puncture easily and is light and easy to use. The one drawback is
that it abrades easily. I got leaks where I had rocks overlaying
and deer regularly come to drink . . . now my stream and waterfall
have edpm instead.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:36 AM
KenCo

Nedra wrote:

I am using Permalon - but only in the Veggie Filters so far.
Kenco sells Permalon and the stats will astound you.
It is lightweight but very strong... stronger than EPMD..

Shipping charges wont be high either.

Kenco.... you anywhere out there?

im here every day
50 yr life span accrding to Gvt. testing

Nedra in Missouri
zone 6

"matrix" wrote in message

Anyone using Permalon for your pond liner?
I am debating whether to go with Permalon or EDPM.

I will be using 2 old' -45 mil EDPM liners side by side as a protective
cushion and then lay the Permalon on top of it.
Anyone know how many years Permalon should last?

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced

Old 02-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Nedra

Ahhh .. there you are, Ken.

Matrix, scroll on down to the
end of Ken's post and give him a call.
He is the best source I know of.

Nedra

Old 02-03-2004, 07:16 PM
matrix

Thanks Nedra, Ken and everyone!
I Googled the group and found some old posts about Permalon....

I liked the one where John Rutz ran over his Permalon with a back hoe
with no damage to the liner!

.....funny AND informative! heh heh

Old 02-03-2004, 07:16 PM
J.D. Stone

I use Permalon in one pond, EDPM in first pond. Permalon definitely much
easier to handle. Permalon should last 20 years, maybe longer. I don't think
stats are complete yet.
jd
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone

Old 02-03-2004, 07:23 PM

yes. I too have permalon in my last pond and am happy with it. but the Pond Lady
used it in one of her newest water lily greenhouses and they walk thru them all the
time and the dirt and grit ends up on the liner and they too abraded right thru the
liner. she is going to reline with EPDM. Ingrid

Paul Menashe wrote:
I have used permalon, it is pretty good in most respects, won't
puncture easily and is light and easy to use. The one drawback is
that it abrades easily. I got leaks where I had rocks overlaying
and deer regularly come to drink . . . now my stream and waterfall
have edpm instead.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 02-03-2004, 07:27 PM
BenignVanilla

Paul Menashe wrote:
I have used permalon, it is pretty good in most respects, won't
puncture easily and is light and easy to use. The one drawback is
that it abrades easily. I got leaks where I had rocks overlaying
and deer regularly come to drink . . . now my stream and waterfall
have edpm instead.

snip

I don't use permalon, so be sure to salt your newsreader while reading this
post. I have heard from others that the Permalon does not stretch as well as
the EPDM. In working on my pond hole, I found the bendability/stretchability
of the EPDM to be important.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 02-03-2004, 08:44 PM

Paul Menashe wrote:
I have used permalon, it is pretty good in most respects, won't
puncture easily and is light and easy to use. The one drawback is
that it abrades easily. I got leaks where I had rocks overlaying
and deer regularly come to drink . . . now my stream and waterfall
have edpm instead.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Greenseal Rubber Pond Liners & Lake Liners FLP Ponds 2 06-04-2010 11:34 PM
Greenseal Rubber Pond Liners & Lake Liners FLP Marketplace 0 10-02-2010 09:30 AM
Opinion on Permalon + I just Graduated! Bob Ponds 8 20-06-2003 08:44 PM
Permalon Question BenignVanilla Ponds 11 24-04-2003 04:32 PM
Permalon Question BenignVanilla Ponds 13 09-04-2003 02:44 AM