Old 06-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Theo van Daele

Default Direct attack on K30P ;)

It had to happen.... after having 5 cats, 40 odd fish, 3 turtles... jealousy
got the better of me, and we went to the dogs.

Our newest watergarden addition can be seen he

http://www.wide-o.net/patsy%5Fmarch/

She (12 weeks old), named Patsy (one of our cats was already called Edina)
fell into the turtle pond after only 6 days LOL.

Hi again to the regulars BTW. My pond is doing very well, pond has never
been so clean both mechanically and biologically, and yet I've never seen
string algae this long (over 4 ft ), but the fish are thriving and
growing like mad (pond was heated all winter, now 14°C).

The dog so far is only interested in the pellets that I drop when feeding
the fish.

She also has the habit of posing like a football hooligan

http://www.wide-o.net/dogs/dog_monster.jpg

Have fun, hope your ponds are well after this winter.

Theo

Old 06-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Nedra

What neato pictures, Theo. I think the little black doggie is
just precious, but I still favor the inscrutability of the cat!
Your pond sounds wonderful ... You were able to enjoy it
for a longer period of time this past winter.
Mine is open ... At least everything is up and
running, fish look healthy, etc . etc. Now I have to get out
there and start weeding around the pond.

Glad to see your back.

Nedra

Old 06-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Theo van Daele

Hey Nedra, good to hear from you :-)

I'm still a "cat person" myself I think, but it blurs very much with Patsy
around. They are very different animals, have different needs, and
frankly, are good for our health. (going out, playing etc...)

It's also fascinating to see the cats interface with the dogs... we only had
her for 2 weeks now, and the cats mostly ignore her these days. Although I
did see her chasing a fly together with our youngest cat The first 3
days it seemed we had no cats left (they were very mad at us), and we
panicked a bit, but since then, it goes better every day, and the cats very
much demonstrate a "OK, you got this smelly stupid thing, but this is our
house and we will not give in" attitude.

We specifically wanted a lab because they are almost always non agressive
dogs, very much into playing and pleasing the "bosses". She has not let us
down in that respect at all. She never barks, and only chases the cats
when they run away from her (but that is normal).

Glad your pond is waking up as well, it's a special time of year for most
ponders I think.

My pond as it was end of Feb:
http://www.wide-o.net/pond2004/pond_feb_22.jpg

And don't get me started on weeding ;-)

I'll try to be around a bit more, but it seems that with each year I get
older (well, I'm a kid from your perspective, just 42 something :blush I
have less time to do everything I want to do. But anyhoo, sixth year into
ponding, and although I had my setbacks, I don't regret it at all.

Roll on warmer weather !

Theo

PS: why do our ponds seem smaller every spring ?? ;-)

"Nedra" schreef in bericht
hlink.net...

Old 06-04-2004, 09:25 PM
rtk

She looks exactly like my Patty (r.i.p.), a virtual chocolate lab,
actually spca mix of lab and Brittany Spaniel. My Patty was the best,
sweetest, smartest, dog in the whole world. I couldn't have a pond then
because she was an expert diver and swimmer and would have been as much
one of the fish as she was one of the humans.

rtk

Old 06-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Ka30P

Ooooooooooooooh, what an adorable
puppy!!!
Of course I'm totally in love!
She looks like Rosie did as a puppy.
They are special dogs. :-)

We are kittysitting the next door kitty this
week. The girls are highly suspicious of kitty
scent on our hands!

Pondwise I'm ready to adopt my first batch of
frogs' eggs from jan today. The frog bog was weeded and leaves taken out,
marginals are taking off and is ready for its role as a frog nursery.

kathy :-)
Old 06-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Offbreed

Theo van Daele wrote:
We specifically wanted a lab because they are almost always non agressive
dogs, very much into playing and pleasing the "bosses".

They can be very territorial regarding the car and have a reputation
of biting anyone trying to pet them through the window in a shopping
mall parking lot. Worse if they are in the back of a pickup.

I like labs best, but they do have drawbacks (like a lead filled tail).

Old 06-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Gabrielle

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
She's a darling! I wish I could add a pup to my 2 cats. 6 turtles, and
unumbered fish.

Gabrielle, enjoying a beautiful day in southwestern Arizona

Old 06-04-2004, 09:25 PM

sorry, I agree. Labs do not deserve all the faith people put in them. they need
TRAINING. get good training and she will be much more malleable and obedient. labs
are known for going after smaller animals and doing damage if not killing them.
I think you are confusing lab with Golden (who have their own bag of problems).
Ingrid

Offbreed wrote:

Theo van Daele wrote:
We specifically wanted a lab because they are almost always non agressive
dogs, very much into playing and pleasing the "bosses".

They can be very territorial regarding the car and have a reputation
of biting anyone trying to pet them through the window in a shopping
mall parking lot. Worse if they are in the back of a pickup.

I like labs best, but they do have drawbacks (like a lead filled tail).

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Ka30P

Ingrid wrote labs
are known for going after smaller animals and doing damage if not killing them.

I have never heard that.
And never seen it in the three generations
of labs my family has had in Jody, Maggie, Rosie, Heidi and Cody. From four
different bloodlines.

kathy :-)