Old 26-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Shareholders Pond News

I thought I'd drop in with a few updates. Life has been tough, so I have not
even been able to lurk lately. Anyway, here it goes.

The Lotus planted 2 feet down is nearly breaking the surface this weekend.
And before Nedra celebrates, I must also add the tubor planted 4 feet down
may break the surface first. I swear these plants are racing. One of my
lillies has three pads up, and the large lily, repotted last week, now has a
few sprouts on it. The pickeral rush that we tossed in sans pot is also
starting to send up shoots as are the cattails, which have been repotted and
tossed into the deep end. The Iris in the VF are about 20 inches tall, and a
few need new pot as they are root bound.

The water has cleared a few times, but remains murky. The VF is not up to
speed yet, so I will probably have pea soup for a few more weeks until I get
more plants rolling. The frogs are back in strength. I found five dead at
the end of the winter, but we now have as many as 15 in view at any time. We
also found what we think is our first toad. A very bumpy mean looking little
hopper. Hope to snap some pictures so I can get some help on identifing him.
Last week, a snake of some sort visited the pond and gobbled up a large
green frog.

The pond is alive and kicking.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 26-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Ka30P

Watergardening Labradors Ponds update:

I have three blooms on the iris. Yellow.
jan delivered my water hyacinth this weekend
(got in on a bulk order with the koi club, bless their hearts, and jan's,
always ;-) Put it in the filter and put two in the treefrog tadpole tub.
They love to hang out in the roots.
Frog bog is sending up lots of lizard's tail starts, all over the place.
Cattails are three feet high. Damselflys and dragonflys hatching. Pennywort and
aquatic forget-me-not and creeping jenny going gangbusters.

Lady Bullfrog may have been joined by a sister...
both are thriving. Still. We are in a cease fire for the moment. Regrouping and
rearming are in process.

Youngest son went back to school on crutches today. Will be a long day for him.
Plan to have heaps of warm chocolate chip cookies and cold milk for him when he
gets home.

kathy :-)
Old 27-04-2004, 04:05 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Dude hope life eases up soon for you. All the teasing aside you are one
heck of a guy!
Later.

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 27-04-2004, 04:05 AM
Nedra

Okay, BV ... I wont celebrate just yet! I do hope the one
down only 2 feet comes in first ;-)

Nedra

Old 27-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
Dude hope life eases up soon for you. All the teasing aside you are one
heck of a guy!
Later.

snip

Thanks JMK. I am sure things will get better...

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 27-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
link.net...
Okay, BV ... I wont celebrate just yet! I do hope the one
down only 2 feet comes in first ;-)

snip

The race is most impressive. I wish I had taken more pictures. Both were
planted in the same amount of soil with the same amount of growing tip
exposed. The only difference is that one pot is at the bottom and the other
is on a shelf. I would not be surprised to see them both out of the water
today when I get home from work.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com