Old 28-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default The Great Lotus Race

I went and checked on the lotus before the big storm hit last night. To
recap, I have 4 tubors planted about about two feet down, and one tubor
planted four feet down. One of the four planted two feet down has broken the
surface of the water. The tubor planted four feet down has done the same,
and one non-scientific measurement shows that the tubor planted four feet
down, is in the lead for size and length.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 28-04-2004, 07:10 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Heather" wrote in message
Are all tubers the same variety of lotus?

snip

Yes. Last year, my neighbor gave me two tubors. I tossed them into a 30
gallon rubbermaid full of mud and water in preparation for planting. One
thing led to another, and I ended up tossing the whole thing into the pond.
This year, I split the resultant tubors and planted those.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 28-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Nedra

Okay ... too early for me to admit defeat ... But, what is the
tubor in - the one that's planted 4 feet down? Gotta be a
Good reason for this unseemly turn of events.

C'mon, two feet down ... C'mon, dang it!!

Nedra

Old 28-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Nedra

Huh?? My question doesn't make one bit of sense!! LOL
I think I mean what size is the container that the 4 feet down
tubor planted in?

Nedra

ink.net...

Old 28-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
ink.net...
Okay ... too early for me to admit defeat ... But, what is the
tubor in - the one that's planted 4 feet down? Gotta be a
Good reason for this unseemly turn of events.

C'mon, two feet down ... C'mon, dang it!!

snip

The tubor 4 feet down is planted in about 3-4 inches of the muck I dug out
of the rubbermaid container from last year. It's a combo of local mud and
mulm. That tubor is in a round pot that is 18-10 inches in diameter. The
tubor two feet down is planted in the same good but in a 3 foot long narrow
window box.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 29-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Happy'Cam'per

"Heather" wrote in message
Are all tubers the same variety of lotus?

snip

Yes. Last year, my neighbor gave me two tubors. I tossed them into a 30
gallon rubbermaid full of mud and water in preparation for planting. One
thing led to another, and I ended up tossing the whole thing into the

pond.
This year, I split the resultant tubors and planted those.

While chugging down a cold one of course?
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

Old 29-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Heather" wrote in message
Are all tubers the same variety of lotus?

snip

Yes. Last year, my neighbor gave me two tubors. I tossed them into a 30
gallon rubbermaid full of mud and water in preparation for planting. One
thing led to another, and I ended up tossing the whole thing into the

pond.
This year, I split the resultant tubors and planted those.

While chugging down a cold one of course?

Absotuborly. I use beer in my ponding like some people use salt.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com